Les Menuires 7 - Wages being withheld

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone read this? It's not spam or an advert but an article about some young British workers who have been treated appallingly by a UK employer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105475/British-ski-workers-barricade-luxury-chalet-pay-dispute.html

These guys need any and all advice available. If anyone can give these guys advice then they can be contacted through Facebook as Les Menuires 7 or I'll forward on any posts.

My concern is that as they may have a case under the ERA this employer might just pay up and then hit them with a large bill for use of the chalet during the occupation.

There is a massive stand on principle here. Employers can not be allowed to think that because they are young and overseas, that the employer can make up rules as they go along. The employer has to not only follow the law in payment of wages but also has a duty of care for young workers who could be vulnerable if dismissed and left stranded.

I've worked overseas in resorts and this employer is the exception.

If any Emp Law Sols or HR BP's can pass any advice to them, please do.

Many many thanks

TS

They need to read their 'Terms and Conditions' of employment, local employment law, EU employment law. It doesn't stack up, all 7 have been dismissed at the same time, so just sounds like an excuse to dismiss.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Les-Menuires-7/135799119875601

Heres the dismissal letter:-

To whom it may concern,

Sorry to all of you it has relevance to or for.

Joszef and Garie work too hard for all of you to abuse the privilege of manners, discipline and respect. Consider yourselves fortunate following your blatant abuse of company rules, that you are not fined and in a worse situation. I will be formally emailing you to release you from all activities, responsibilities and work with Skithe3v.

Ahidel and myself do not need to justify why or what we do to anyone and least of all you.

I will also outline why you have been released!!

Non compliance to

rubbish clearance

company privacy

uniform codes

budgetary constraints

abuse of chalet rules

false expenditure

guests paying for services not billed by us.

staff dining and sleeping over without authority

abuse of reberty village rules

Hygiene

abuse of company property

company vehicles used for personal time/transport

fragrant disrespect for our company, myself and wife.

Understand clearly we do not employ juniors and inexperienced people to listen to their excuses, moaning, reasoning and personality clashes as we do business as a lifestyle!!

I do not need advice from employees and indeed when hearing negativity, within my rights to exit you immediately from the resort and certainly our properties.

I hope you have good lives and remain healthy but I do not suffer fools gladly and some of you take me for that.

I am also happy to explain to each of individually why you have been let go by email not face to face as at present my patience for expense and staff BS is over the limit and it would not be fruitful for you.

My business runs firstly with bookings and administration and not running a kindergarten.

Joszef will clarify your position regarding board and lodging and a timely exit to carry on with your happy and fruitful lives.

We only hope the best for all.

For those of you with other jobs in place good luck and good fortune for those hunting but remember hard work second, smart work first, respect others and treat them as you wish to be treated please.

Yours sincerely

Mark Ridgers

Director

Skithe3v Ltd

Well,

With the information published by the newspaper it is difficult to assert the reason or reasons for their dismissal...

More is needed to assess their situation...

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Sorry but unil there is a proper response to this by the employer, we have to go with what he says in the letter. If he can show these things happened, then no excuse, if the workers can show it didn't, then compensation.

I agree with you Bigred that there are always two sides to every story but process is not being followed here and neither is duty of care in the dismissal of staff.

Staff get dismissed, that happens, but you don't just leave them stranded. This happened with TUI's Sunsail in Turkey (I was working in the resort next door at the time). Staff were left stranded, thankfully TUI did get them all home in the end.