Baliffs coming - for previous owners - help

spoonerl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is information for a friend of mine - honest

They have moved into a house and littlewoods have sent them a notice that they owe £2700. The letters are addressed to the previous owners

What is the best course of action? :confused:

Thanks pam,

My friend has sent all the letters back but they have written to say that they are still sending someone round to talk to them. Guess we just wait and see what they say.

lee

Don't talk to them - the debtors have moved - guide them to the electoral roll or land registry.

Which bit of p***** off it is not me don't the idiots understand?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Thanks pam,

My friend has sent all the letters back but they have written to say that they are still sending someone round to talk to them. Guess we just wait and see what they say.

lee

No, you don't. YOu write back and you tell them that you have already advised them x times that they don't live here any more, this is now your property, and you want to enjoy it in peace. Tell them that if they send someone round, you will get the police involved for trespassing, and reserve the right to take further action agaisnt them for disobeying your express instructions. You do NOT give permission for one of their minions to visit, and futhermore, you want your address removed from their database, since it's now part of your data, and you do not have anything to do with them. Send them a copy of tenancy agrement/sale of the house with the date you took possession, ut no phone number!

And just to be clear - if they do send someone round - they are more likely to be a debt collector than a bailiff - as a private bailiff cannot call for a credit debt like this one - unless there is a CCJ and if so itwould be a court bailiff - all you need to do is make it clear it has nothing to do with you.

Tell em to watch out for physco pit bull terrier you have, if they do come around watch em looking very nervous waiting for physco to appear, before opening the do a bit of screeaming and shouting at the dog.

Seriously though, tell them for a final time they are looking in the wrong place and to stop harrassing you or else.

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds early in the morning