Redundancy and Notice Period when on maternity

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am looking for some advice. I was made redundant on 30.12.12 and as my baby is due 9.3.12 as this was less than 11 weeks before my due date, I automatically went onto maternity pay.

I have contacted HMRC and they have confirmed they will take on the maternity payments which have now started, I have also sent my RP1 form away to the redundancy payments office and should hear back from them with regards to redundancy pay.

However the point I am not clear on is with regards to my notice period pay and no-one really seems to know an answer I have phoned direct gov, acas, citizens advice and not got the same answer twice.

I understand that the notice period pay is paid with benefits you should have claimed deducted. As I had mentioned I automatically went on maternity therefore was unable to claim any other type of benefit such as Jobseekers, income support etc but I am unsure if maternity counts as a benefit that they can deduct as this is money I am entitled to and would/should have recived in full should the company I worked for not have went under.

Does anyone have anymore clearer info on this that they can shed some light as i'm at a loose end with this one.