Capquest - Horrified!

Leo1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So my mother received a phonecall this morning asking for me (I do not reside at their house), they left a message saying that they were a delivery company and had a parcel to deliver for me and left a telephone number to ring.

This rang alarm bells for me right away as I never give out my parents phone number, so I googled the number and found this:

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01252576376

Apologies if i'm not allowed to post this link, but it turns out that the number actually belongs to capquest and they have been doing all sorts of dodgy dealings, ringing peoples neighbours, grandparents etc.

I know DCAs are parasites at best but I am absolutely mortified about this! I have arrangements in place for all my debts and have never received any sort of notification that any of them have been sold on to this lot.

I will be reporting them to OFT and ICO and also to Ofcom i think as i'm sure this is a massive breach of Data Protection Act, but what can I do about them calling my folks? I have no idea what to say?

Any advice would be muchly appreciated!

nothing new though!

i hope all your debts show on your CRA file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would suggest you report them to the OFT. I'm wondering if CQ are using this tactic to get around the new OFT guidelines about ringing neighbours and family

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

A very old underhand trick employed by fools who think we are all as thick as two short planks.

A complaint is the first thing you should do, to the OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

Then one to your local MP, this should tell everybody just how corrupt and bent this profession really is, to use such methods to attempt to get people to contact them is at best immoral. I would seriously have nothing to do with them whatsoever, any letters they send, I would ignore, and keep on top of the complaints against them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

this happened with me with Capquest, they rang my work so I blocked several of there numbers, and then they rang my next door neighbour asking about cars, kids and my if the new name and other details as there was no response from the phone.....haha

This has all be documented in dispute with RBS as I have asked the ICO to intervene and also made them aware of the underhand tactics that capquest was using

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?332542-RBS-CapQuest#

Whether they are trying to trace the OP or not, they are acting extremely incompetently, underhand and down right deviously.

There is no need for these outdated tactics to be used in this day and age, they are simply trying to embarrass the debtor before they even have their ducks in order, they don't even know if the OP is the correct person, which is why this method of intimidation and psychological harassment is not allowed and needs to be reported straight away, and even IF these clowns were to act in a mature manner, I would not have anything to do with them, ignoring them would be my one and only response.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They are trying to trace you - probably before writing to you.

Have you moved address since you signed up to your last set of agreements?

see bbs post.

• Haha 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I don't know the background to the OP so I wont bother suposing what might or might not have happened for them to try and trace him.

My guess is those the Op will recieve a letter once CQ identify where he lives. But it would be interesting to know whether it should be obvious where the Op lives or whether there will be no records (i.e on credit files) - that will possibly explain why they are tracing.

Some people will probably suggest they have no valid reason to contact him but as I dont know I won't side either way.

So basically your post is meaningless and of no value to the op or others so I will

unaprove it now.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: