style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have posted previously regarding council tax. I do not know if anyone will be able to help me with this query. I moved out of the address I was sharing with my partner last year and changed the council tax into just his name, we are still together and i still pay the council tax. He has now received a letter from Equita chasing payment, it is for the current year and i have been making payments however there is still some due. Firstly they have the wrong date that I moved out so the amounts are incorrect and I have been emailing the Council regarding it as I want to settle without a bailiff being involved. When I first emailed them they said the account was on hold with Equita until he had time to respond to my e-mails. He has now done this and said that they cannot deal with me as the account isd not in my name. Surely when i am trying to arrange payments they should be happy to speak to me?? I have now been told they need written proof that they can speak to me. If it is under investigation surely no further bailiff action can take place?

You need to get a letter of authorisation off to the council asap, unless the bailiff company or council place the account on hold then the bailiff can still make visits, your ex, needs not to answer the door to them.

Can I ask why you are paying the council tax.

Hi, We are still together I have just moved outit is complicated! I have moved back in with my mother to help out for a while. I have advised the council that the letter will be hand delivered over the weekend so that the account can be dealt with. I have asked the question about the account being placed on hold and do not get a response. he has only received one letter so far and i will be providing proof of the payments made to to the council as well.

Have you checked to see that the account you are paying into, ties up with the account number for the years council tax. Do you owe any monies from previous years that they maybe crediting monies to cover previous years council tax.

Has your partner informed the council that they are eligible for a single person's discount.

This has been amended to a single person amount even though they had the dates incorrect, which i have now advised them of the right dates i moved out! I have checked through most of the receipts I have and they all seem to be correct so far as i pay in small amounts i do have a quite a few to check! iwill advise the council to check this as well.

I have requested that they do this. I will be hand delivering a letter to their offices over the weekend, they know i used to live there as i was named on previous bills! I think they were trying to catch me out as i said i no longer live there so they wanted to check i am registered as living elsewhere! they are welcome to check even though I am there sometimes none of my property is!!

They wont tell me if the account is on hold or not as they cannot discuss with me!!