SAR to see if PPI on credit card from Yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello. My wife had a credit card from Yorkshire Bank up until 2004 when it was cancelled and paid off via a court admin order. One thing has sprung to mind is if there was any PPI on it. I certainly would not trust Yorkshire Bank but my wife has no paperwork.

We have sent off an SARto get copies of any paperwork and statements but have had it returned stating:

"...and would advise you that due to the pasage of time since closure, paperwork relating to your loans are no longer available".

Is this right as I have heard of people claiming PPI back from longer than six years ago but is this only when they still have active acccounts with PPI on them?

Any help would be appreciated on this.

Regards,

Rob

Hi

There is a possibility that they have destroyed the paperwork as it is past six years since the account was closed.

There isn't a time limit on PPI claims but if there is no paperwork either at your end or theirs then you may be kippered.

You could always ask them to confirm when your personal data was destroyed and see what they say.

ims

Hello. Thanks for your replies - the court admin order was paid off in 2004 so I suppose we are on a hiding to nothing.

Thought it was worth a try anyway as Yorkshire Bank appear to be one of the slippiest banks out there!

Anyway, once again thanks for both of your replies.