Barclaycard arrears

Pearl123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have a £12k debt with BC and have been paying a nominal (£1) every month with their agreement

now this has moved to Mercers and they are requesting payment which I don't have (on Job Seekers Allowance)

most of my money goes on paying the mortgage and other bills each month.

What should I do,

should I try to increase this amount although it won't be by much.

Can they take me to court and send round the bailiffs which the letter implies.

Thank you

Pearl

It hasnt moved anywhere.. Mercers are Barclaycard t/as Mercers

I suggest you have a read of the following then perhaps contact National Debtline ..

The following has recently been brought to my attention and could prove very useful. Especially now the OFT guidance specifically states it's an Unfair practice to ignore a cashflow budget!

If you are experiencing difficulty in repaying your debts, CASHflow is a way for you to negotiate affordable repayments with your creditors. Before you can use CASHflow, you must have spoken to one of the free advice agencies licensed to offer CASHflow to their clients. The advice agency will start by talking to you about all of the options available, and can help you to decide if CASHflow is the right one for you.

If you decide to use CASHflow, you will be provided with all of the tools you need to be able to complete your own financial statement and negotiate offers of repayment with creditors yourself. This will enable you to stay in control of your situation, but still have support from an adviser at any stage if you need it.

You can contact a local advice agency to check if they offer CASHflow. You can find a list of free advice agencies that are near to you by searching for a money adviser in England or Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland.

Alternatively, you can call National Debtline on 0808 808 4000

CASHflow: http://www.cashflow.uk.net/

National Debtline: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/

https://www.mymoneysteps.org/

xx

When was the account opened ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

More questions.. do you have any Payment protection insurance on this account and have they added any Default or late payment charges?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Pearl,

As CB says, check your a/c statements carefully for default charges (where you missed payments, made them late or your a/c was over it's limit) and for PPI charges.

If you are only making nominal payments, you may not have been receiving statements recently. In this case, you can get the statement data using a SAR - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?552-Data-Protection

If your circumstances are still such that you cannot afford to increase what you're paying them, you can write to BC to confirm this. But first follow the advice given by Citizen B above.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

citizenB

The BC was opened in 2006, my problems with repayments started last Sept 2011, I opted for paperless billing (and online access to previous statements is denied) so have few copies of statements to see what charges may have been issued, but will check so see what I have and come back to you.

Thank you

Pearl

You might have to send a Subject Access Request to B/shark in order to obtain the missing statements.

BCOBS

• 1 month later...

Dear all,

Sorry, but this may sound a stupid question for which I apologise.

I now have a payment arrangement with BC (£61 per month). I have been reading about people claiming back chargesbut I’m worried if I send a SAR that BC might turn nasty and request a highermonthly payment or full repayment. Could that happen?

I also have accounts with Barclays which I would like to send a SAR but if something/nothingis owed, do they look unfavourably on you - is it possible they might close myaccounts?

Not sure what to do, but every penny would help me right now.

Thank you

Pearl123

Hi Pearl,

Do not be afraid of reclaiming from BC what is rightfully yours. They had no right to charge you so much in default charges so you're entitled to claim them back plus interest.

One SAR to Barclays will (or should) get you back a/c data for ALL a/c's that you hold within the Barclays Group, which includes BC.

How did the monthly payment jump from £1 to £61. Is this what your Budget Planner shows you can afford to pay them. Can you maintain this amount as well as pay other necessary items.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi pearl23

I was in your situation at the time you started with BC, into them for around £9k.

I did the SAR thing and took control of my life again with the help of the CAG guys.

BC wont give you any extra hassle when you SAR them, dont worry about that.

They've been down the charges road a zillion times, and know from painful experience what is going to happen next- you're going to nail them.

Have you had your default notice from BC/Mercers yet?

(same people, same tea breaks, different desk, dont let them tell you any different! :-)

Hi

I have decided to SAR Barclays using the letter template and enclosing my £10 cheque. I am going to do all my Barclays accounts and BC. So fingers crossed I am owed something.

Thank you all for the encouragement.

Pearl123

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a repayment plan in place with BC.

I now maybe able to repay the whole outstanding amount but wanted to know if I call them to see if they would settle for a lower amount and to remove the 6 late payments which are showing on my Credit File.

(I am awaiting a reply from my SAR request, although I only sent this via normal post)

Would they do that?

Pearl123

Edited by Pearl123
spacing between words

Hi,

Has the account been defaulted or put out to a collection agency??

I very much doubt if the will go for a lower amount on a ''live'' account.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

It was/is with Mercers, I rang BC and agreed a replayment plan (as it was into 6 months late payments and wanted to stop it going to default) I receive statements each month showing the amount I pay. So yes it's probably a "live" account. If I pay it off in full will all the payment history be cleared and not show as a negative on my Credit File?

The account remains on file showing the conduct of it

for 6 years from the date of the inception of the entry,

so for a period the entry will show the late payments and

the current conduct of the account.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

reclaim first though

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Pearl,

2 threads merged - please stick to 1 thread per issue so we keep all relevant info together.

Before attempting to pay off the debt, reclaim all penalty charges and compound interest as we have already suggested.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just wanted to give an update.

Have received a reply from Barclays, enclosing my £10 cheque.

Letter states " I note that your request was made in relation to a claim for the sale of PPI. I attach a search of our systems which give a complete summary of current and historic products relating to your record and identifies whether PPI was sold with a Y or N. Start and end dates are also shown against each produce. This information is sufficient to enable you to progress a claim under PPI".

All the products/accounts have a N beside them. So I take it that I don't have any PPI claim, but what about charges on the credit card and current accounts?

What should I do?

Thank you

pearl123

so you told them it was for ppi?

just tell them you wish the sar

they are not here to decide

its a legal requirement!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When you reply to them enclosing the cheque again, remind them they have until xxdate [40 days from your original SAR] to respond, after which they are in default of your lawful request.