smi changes

actonjon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I see, but I don't understand why you are so angry if it is true. Mortgage/interest payments are an investment for the future. You are getting a roof over your head like rent but when the property is sold you have capital, if the taxpayer has invested in this surely they should get their money back when the value of the asset is realised.

This would also allow the help to be provided for a longer period (I believe at the moment it is time limited and not long term) and if the interest rate on the "loan" was kept near base rate it would be a win win situation for not only the taxpayer but also the benefit claimant (or should we be referring to ourselves as customers).

Edited by count orlok

Well, is it ok to pay a private land lords mortgage for him then with housing benefit when the DW are paying your rent.

What if a tenant was asked to pay the rent back to the DWP when he gets a job.

I have a mortgage and because of that my out goings are a lot more than a person who rents because of extra insurances etc.

If you look at it logically, it is NO different that the money you would be paying the building society yourself, if you were working, so you would not be losing out come the point of sale.

In fact some people would be better off, as their house might have increased in value the longer they can live in it.

Lilly