2nd visit scotcall/resolvecall mothercare card debt

fedupandbroke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can someone tell me where i stand on this please

Had letter from Scot call informing me of a doorstep visit so filed this under b for bin.

Lo and behold monday some rather large (I mean in the wweight department) man knocked on my door

i didnt answer and if my other half isnt around i refuse to answer the door.

he stood on my doorstep for ages then went and knocked on my neighbours door

fortunately she was out.

so then he puts a card through my door contact me etc re :- an outstanding debt

got back in his car and promptly sat at the entrance to my drive for at least 15 mins looking towards house to see if i was around (net curtains are fab)

once he had gone went and got card had a quick look then filed that in the bin.

Today however i wasnt here but hubby was and the prat came again hubby didnt give any information out but was furious that a dca called

he kept asking hubby for a contact number saying he would be back having had a read of other threads on here they can't just turn up can they ?

should i just ignore them. help would be appreciated

You need to write to Scotcall and give notice that you revoke any implied consent under common law for them to visit you at home.

Edit to suit:-

Dear xxxx

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully,

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

tell us about the debt please too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

5 years ago debt with Mothercare card paid what i could stopped paying around 2010 letters started coming have to date ignored all i know i will have to pay it off eventually but at this moment in time am unable to pay just don't want creeps like him knocking at my door (shudders)

Snotcall, what a bunch of imbeciles.

You would have been well within your rights to have phoned the Police 999 and report that your a single female and a fat bloke was sat in his car on your drive watching your house, then filmed the action.

You are quite right, these fools have NO legal right to be on your property, it makes me mad to think that these people seriously believe that they carry some sort of weight that they can try and intimidate people in their own homes.

If the clown turns up again, then you can either take his photograph and tell him in no uncertain terms to get his massive carcass off your property, and if he doesn't you will call the police to have him removed.

Again, you can always ignore him, they can do nothing, they are a small time debt collection agency, absolutely nothing to worry about.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i wonder if i just ignore him how many more times he will call prehaps it will help him to lose some of that bulk walking up and down my path. wouldnt want to be in his shoes if he calls again hubby going to be here for a few weeks now and he wasnt happy today. if i had of been here i wouldnt of answered the door but my mum was here and the creep saw her in the kitchen so came to side door.

5 years ago debt with Mothercare card paid what i could stopped paying around 2010 letters started coming have to date ignored all i know i will have to pay it off eventually but at this moment in time am unable to pay just don't want creeps like him knocking at my door (shudders)

no powers to do nowt

THEY ARE NOT BAILIFFS

the milkman has more rigts than him

this debt

what kind of value are they after any idea?

is it listed on your cra file?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you sure all you past addresses are linked

seems a bit strange a debt of that age is not showing

do you know if it ever did?

dx

and they

Thinking about it I believe this was from 2005 just before I moved so that is why it is 6 years I had paid some money to a local debt collector I had payment cards then when I managed to finish 1 of the debts myself he sent the other 2 cards to me stating that if I didn't pay they wouldn't be so nice about it as he was that's when I stopped paying I had 4 different debts and was paying what I could 2 I know are defo finished and the other 2 are 6 years

they can 'ask' you to pay sb'ed debts but cannot enforce it through the court

not even a judge can

so time to ignore them

or give someone the sb letter from the library section green tab top left

dx

and they

Have a camera by the front door, and if the clown does turn up take his photo and send him packing with a flea in his ear..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• dx100uk changed the title to 2nd visit scotcall/resolvecall mothercare card debt