Australian debt / passport renewal problems?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have immigaretd to Australia in 1998 and become Australian citizen in 2000.

I have been full time emplyed for 4 years.

I took the $10.000 personal loan from the bank and I was repaying it while I have lived in Australia.

Due to some family reasons I had to leave Australia to one European country where I have citizenship too.

Also while repaying the loan I was paying the "loan protection insurance" which I stopped to pay once i stopped repaying my loan rates.

For some time I was repaying my loan but at some point approx. 8 years ago I have stopped to repay.

From that time I have not been in Australia, neither I did any more payments to the bank and I didn't contact the bank from that time.

My passport is running out and I will have to renew it in Australian embassy in the country where I reside now.

Do you think that I will have some problems with passport renewal?

Please give me advice should I apply for bankruptcy while abroad.

I do not have intension to travel back to Australia in following years.

Also I received the notice from some Supperannuation fund that I have about $10.000. Are there any ways to take that money before retirement?

In this 8 years I did not fill any tax form and there are possibilities that I have some money from ATO?

Do you think that the bank has sold my debt to bank collectors? No one has contacted me so far..

I would appreciate if you would give me some advice on my situation.

Thanks a lot.

Bartolo

no debt can stop you

they are civil not criminal matters!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The debt will be Statute Barred in OZ & as DX has said above, even if it wasn't it is a civil matter not a criminal one.

Also I received the notice from some Supperannuation fund that I have about $10.000. Are there any ways to take that money before retirement?
I believe you can transfer it into another pension fund or if you are over 55 payment can be made to you. Hopefully one of the other posters will be able to explain a little more on this. ;)

Do you think that the bank has sold my debt to bank collectors? No one has contacted me so far..
They very probably have but a debt collector cannot take any enforcement action and if they ever contacted you, you could tell them to 'go away'. :)

Thanks guys!

You made me sleep better again:)

Does anyone know would I have any problems for applying for UK or USA (E3) temporary working visas because of debts in Australia?

Also if someone knows any way how to get that superannuation before reaching 55 y, I would appreciate it:)

Thanks heaps!

Hi,

You can access your super fund once you reach the preservation age which is.

Date of birth Preservation age

Before 1 July 1960 55

1 July 1960 - 30 June 1961 56

1 July 1961 - 30 June 1962 57

1 July 1962 - 30 June 1963 58

1 July 1963 - 30 June 1964 59

After 30 June 1964 60

You have to at least say your retired to access your fund before age 65.

Hope that helps

Does anyone know would I have any problems for applying for UK or USA (E3) temporary working visas because of debts in Australia?

No you won't have any problems, it's a civil matter not a criminal one & in fact your creditors won't even know when you enter/leave OZ.