Swinton

linda m
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last year we took out car insurance, then from the same company [ swinton] we got a phonecall a week or so later to sell us personal accident insurance. We did not really want it but we were persuaded by the salesperson that as the first 3 months were free we would be silly not to take up the offer, which we did,knowing that we would cancel after this free period.

Well after 2 months I did indeed cancel before the due cancellation date, sent them an e-mail and cancelled the direct debit ,thought no more about it.

Now this is where it gets a bit weird ,just before christmas my sister calls me and asks if I have personel accident insurance with Swinton , I said not now because I cancelled it , but a payment to Swinton has come out of my bank acc said my sister did you give them my details ,certainly not ,I do not know them I replied.

I got the details from her and phoned up Swinton myself and explained there had been some sort of mix up , but HOW

1 My sister is with the RBS ---I am with TSB and the car insurance D/D is with tsb

2 We have different names

3 I have no reason to know my sisters a/c details

4 The only thing we had in common was 3 years ago my sister lived across the road from me same postcode different door no but similar 161/ 116

5 My sister had Swinton Home Insurance

They could not explain how this could have happened but would refund sisters a/c within 10 days.

I asked them to send a letter of exlanation and an apology but none have been recieved should I phone back and what should I do Thanks

Hi linda

We have a Swinton Rep on site, lets see if they can resolve this matter, We have a Swinton Rep on site who can look into the matter for you :- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...nton-Insurance

Depending on how you get on, you could consider http://www.bacs.co.uk/bacs/businesse...ersrights.aspx

Use the Swintons complaints process. I think it is possible someone has used your sisters account details from her old Swinton policy. If this is the case, this may be a cause for concern for Swinton.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Phoned swintons twice now and keep on getting the same answer" don' t know how this has happened.just human error.it happens sometimes we are not all perfect"

I think this is shocking, granted the premium was put back in my sisters a/c and apparentlyan apology letter will be sent out, tbink i will send a letter any suggestions on whay to say thamks

Threaten to inform the FSA about this and also the ICO about issues of Data Protection. FSA will be concerned about how they have handled their accounts and the ICO about the handling of the data.

A complaint to Swinton Head office in writing re the above, might prompt them to offer a better response.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread