Accord Mortgages

misselle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Really hope someone can help me, at the moment i'm sitting in floods of tears after a conversation with these complete idiots. In may due to my financial situation I missed my monthly payment to accord of just under £500. With the help of CAB since accord wouldnt give me the time of day i managed to negotiate a payment plan with them and started paying £50 a month extra to them in order to pay off my arrears.

All was fine until December.I had to change bank accounts due to owing money to my bank and being scared they would raid my wages. I contaced Accord and told them this and that I needed to Cancel the direct debit and set up a new one. The stupid women I spoke to point blank refused to do this as the idiots had set the direct debit under my partners name dispite it being my bank account which he isnt named on.

We are joint for the mortgage but have separate bank accounts. she said she couldnt do it until she spoke to my partner. Now this wasnt going to be possible since he was in Newcastle at his mothers bedside whilst she was seriously sick Intensive care and he was in no state to deal with this.So worried that they direct debit would bounce I cancelled it and paid the money by standing order on the 30 December so that it would get to them in time for it being due on 2nd January.

I even paid a bit more compared towards the arrears since I had been given some christmas money.Didn't think anymore of it until I came home from work on the 9th Of January to find a letter from them telling me that I had missed my January payment. I phone them up and they said oh its fine the letter is a mistake we recieved your payment by standing order on the 30th of December just ignore the letter.

So i did until I came home yesterday to find a voicemail for their collections deparment telling me to contact them urgently which i just have. Basically what they are stating is that because I paid on 30 December instead of 3rd January they have allocated all of my payment to the arrears which meant I had an overpayment and when they didnt recieve the payment on 3rd Janaury I had then missed a month payment and so I now have arrears of just under 300 for January.

Now clearly these people dont use common sense either that or I have gotten eveything wrong.The worst thing is i've been trying to clear the arrears before may as our fixed term deal finishes in Feb as so we need to pay an extra £120 ontop of what we do now and cant get a new fixed term deal until we have had 12 months of consectuive payments which would have been may.

Now they have just told me I need to wait until January 2013 before I can get a new deal. There is no way I can afford to pay that much extra until then, we would just be surviving until May so we could ger a lower deal.I've tried explaining that the payment on 30th December was for Januarys mortgage and the extra was towards the arrears but it makes no difference.

Rub salt into it they then admits that they had made a mistake with my payment plan and put it in place for 3 months instead of the 6 that it should have been.I don't know what to do next.I fully intend to write a letter of complaint to them but i'm so angry I barley know what to say. There is no way I can go until January for a new fixed term deal when this is their fault. No other company will touch me because of credit history so i am stuck with accord.does anyone have any advice as to where I can from here?

Really hope someone can help me, at the moment i'm sitting in floods of tears after a conversation with these complete idiots. In may due to my financial situation I missed my monthly payment to accord of just under £500. With the help of CAB since accord wouldnt give me the time of day i managed to negotiate a payment plan with them and started paying £50 a month extra to them in order to pay off my arrears.

All was fine until December.I had to change bank accounts due to owing money to my bank and being scared they would raid my wages. I contaced Accord and told them this and that I needed to Cancel the direct debitlink3.gif and set up a new one. The stupid women I spoke to point blank refused to do this as the idiots had set the direct debit under my partners name dispite it being my bank account which he isnt named on.

We are joint for the mortgage but have separate bank accounts. she said she couldnt do it until she spoke to my partner. Now this wasnt going to be possible since he was in Newcastle at his mothers bedside whilst she was seriously sick Intensive care and he was in no state to deal with this.So worried that they direct debit would bounce I cancelled it and paid the money by standing order on the 30 December so that it would get to them in time for it being due on 2nd January.

I even paid a bit more compared towards the arrears since I had been given some christmas money.Didn't think anymore of it until I came home from work on the 9th Of January to find a letter from them telling me that I had missed my January payment. I phone them up and they said oh its fine the letter is a mistake we recieved your payment by standing order on the 30th of December just ignore the letter.

So i did until I came home yesterday to find a voicemail for their collections deparment telling me to contact them urgently which i just have. Basically what they are stating is that because I paid on 30 December instead of 3rd January they have allocated all of my payment to the arrears which meant I had an overpaymentlink3.gif and when they didnt recieve the payment on 3rd Janaury I had then missed a month payment and so I now have arrears of just under 300 for January.

Now clearly these people dont use common sense either that or I have gotten eveything wrong.The worst thing is i've been trying to clear the arrears before may as our fixed term deal finishes in Feb as so we need to pay an extra £120 ontop of what we do now and cant get a new fixed term deal until we have had 12 months of consectuive payments which would have been may.

Now they have just told me I need to wait until January 2013 before I can get a new deal. There is no way I can afford to pay that much extra until then, we would just be surviving until May so we could ger a lower deal.I've tried explaining that the payment on 30th December was for Januarys mortgage and the extra was towards the arrears but it makes no difference.

To rub salt into it they then admits that they had made a mistake with my payment plan and put it in place for 3 months instead of the 6 that it should have been.I don't know what to do next.I fully intend to write a letter of complaint to them but i'm so angry I barley know what to say. There is no way I can go until January for a new fixed term deal when this is their fault. No other company will touch me because of credit history so i am stuck with accord.

does anyone have any advice as to where I can from here?

are they charging you any penalty fees every month

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They charged me a penalty fee the month I missed my payment back in May but agreed they wouldn't charge anything for being in arrears whilst I stuck to the payment plan but I dont know if they have charged me anything this apparent missed payment for January if they have then its another thing which I will need to dispute it also, as far as i am concerned I have paid January allbeit ealry, its them who haven't stuck to the agreed payment plan

""Now clearly these people dont use common sense either that or I have gotten eveything wrong"" this quote is unfortunately all to common.You are talking to people who can not see past a computer screen.

My problem is similar in that I pay 4Weekly(thats how I get paid)So when I get paid ,I pay the mortgage plus £50 off my arrears with my debit card

.Now this simple and convenient way of paying is beyond them....I spoke to the tossers who passed me to the clowns who passed me to the muppets who passed me to the head of collections....NO joy he passed me back to the tossers & so on........SO my advice is pay on or before the due date and keep a record...IF Accord have a problem with accounts its for them to sort out..