Barclaycard MKDP LLP/MKRR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-)Hi everyone,

I received a letter today (13.01.12), dated 04.01.12 stating that on a date in December 2011, Barclaycard had assigned and transferred an outstanding balance of around £4,000 to MKDP LLP, who had, in turn, appointed MKRR as their "servicing agent."

This seems to be a fairly new tactic and MKDP has not appeared on these forums a great deal.

Please could you let me know:-

Are there timescales re assignment letters, if so, are Barclaycard within these timescales?

Many thanks,

Have you got letters from both Barclaycard saying that they have sold the debt and a letter from MKDP that they now own the debt?

Have checked your credit reference file to see if MKDP have updated your file to show them as the owner, please note that the default date should remain the same.

Any PPI and/or charges on your Barclaycard? If you got all of your statements, go through these and calculate all charges and PPI not forgetting to add 8% statutory interest.

If missing statements, then send Barclaycard (the Original Creditor) a Subject Access Request, enclose a £10 postal order and it can take up to 40 calender days.

Have you only got a letter informing you of transfer of ownership of the Barclaycard debt or are they asking for payments with the usual threat of CCJ's and Attachment of Earnings etc?

If no letter asking for money, wait until MKDP write to you and then send them a CCA request to keep them busy, and to make sure that they are legally entitled to collect the debt, this will also bide you a few weeks while your SAR is being seen to.

If MKDP ring you, simply say "in writing only" and hang up, refuse to go through the security questions, do not ring MKDP.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Thanks Stigman.

Have only received a letter from Barclaycard saying that they have assigned the debt. No contact from MKRR as yet. Interestingly, I never received a DN from Barclaycard, only a few letters from Mercers to which I did not reply.

I would never contact any DCA by telephone and they don't have my number:-)

Have only received a letter from Barclaycard

Just Wait until your hear from MKDP.

If you did have any PPI and/or charges, then either get reclaiming or send Barclaycard the Subject Access request.

only a few letters from Mercers

Mercers are Barclays in-house collections.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

Hi DonkeyB

It would seem that there has been a change of tactics. Rock N Roll posted on this forum in January 2008 at Barclaycard/Mercers insider info - probably valid for other DCAs

The gist of what he/she said is that Barclaycard rarely assign debts or commence legal proceedings. I wonder whether they are attempting to move bad debts off their books by the end of the financial year in April.

MKDP/MKRR seem, as you say, highly dubious. Would be very interesting to find out what other CAGgers find out about this outfit.

No, Barclays have always assigned debts, to Lowell, Cabot, HFO and some others. But it is true that they seldom litigate off their own bat – they don’t want to look like the nasty guys, do they?

MKRR have all the symptoms of becoming another HFO.

Cabot and Lowell are, by comparison, pussycats.

MKPD (Milton Keynes Debt Purchase) and MKRR (Milton Keynes Rapid Recoveries) are part of Compello Operations Limited. Their registered offfice is at: Fleming House, Seebeck Place, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes, MK5 8FR. Company Reg No: 04746414 CCL No: 632091

The blurb on their website http://mkdp.co.uk/ is priceless. "We aim to show our clients that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter what, and by working with us to tackle it face on they will be able resolve the situation and get back to enjoying the more important things in life."

Barclays have just off loaded 2 of mine to Cabot who actually seem fair.

The words Cabot & fair have never gone together in my book, but, if it goes pear shaped, please start your own thread and someone will offer advise.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

• 2 years later...
:-)Hi everyone,

I received a letter today (13.01.12), dated 04.01.12 stating that on a date in December 2011, Barclaycard had assigned and transferred an outstanding balance of around £4,000 to MKDP LLP, who had, in turn, appointed MKRR as their "servicing agent."

This seems to be a fairly new tactic and MKDP has not appeared on these forums a great deal.

Please could you let me know:-

Are there timescales re assignment letters, if so, are Barclaycard within these timescales?

Many thanks,

If you are still about on this forum, I have a question for you.

Did MKDP LLP apply a default to your credit reference file and if so what date did they apply the default on i.e. how many days after the account was assigned (sold) to them by Barclaycard?

Similar situation occurred with me whereby Barclaycard never applied a default after alleged missed payments and then assigned to MKDP LLP. The latter then applied a default within days of assignment. Tut tut.

If you are still about on this forum, I have a question for you.

Did MKDP LLP apply a default to your credit reference file and if so what date did they apply the default on i.e. how many days after the account was assigned (sold) to them by Barclaycard?

Similar situation occurred with me whereby Barclaycard never applied a default after alleged missed payments and then assigned to MKDP LLP. The latter then applied a default within days of assignment. Tut tut.

MKDP did this with my Barclaycard debt, however, they entered a duplicate default, they didn't overwrite Barclays default.

Just waiting for their reply....

MKDP did this with my Barclaycard debt, however, they entered a duplicate default, they didn't overwrite Barclays default.

Just waiting for their reply....

Thanks for info. So was there a default notice issued by Barclaycard to you (or at least do they claim there was)? Did this pre-date the date that MKDP claim the debt was assigned to them and did they (Barclaycard) ever enter a default entry on your credit reports?