Minicredit: better than sex?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey folks I made a post a little while ago on the wonga forums detailing the trouble I had with them! Basically I have three outstanding loans with Wonga, Toothfairy Finance and Minicredit who apart from Wonga have been a nightmare to deal with.

After a few months(and some help from these forums) I managed to get a Monthly repayment plan with both Toothfairy and Wonga (Wonga being significantly more helpful). Mini credit however have been well....like a living incarnation of hell. The amount I had to repay was £150 this obviously increased when I defaulted and is now at £340. The loan was actually up to £498 yesterday but they charged both of my bank cards and took everything I had. They also did this last month and took £75 and £25 from my account without me knowing netting me a lovely big bank charge.

Being a student I dont get much money but the money I do get has been taken from me meaning I cant pay Wonga and Toothfairy the Monthly installments I also cant pay my phonebill shucks I cant even afford toilet paper! The monthly repayments are due on the 10th and I've already reported both TF and Minicredit to the OFT and Trading standards. What I'm asking is do I have any rights here? I mean surely Minicredit cant just keep charging my card every time I get paid for the rest of my life? Isn't this covered by the banks fraud department and I can possibly get my wages back?

Love and kisses:violin:

The skint man.

Edited by Raghnall

If they took it by card, go to your bank and tell them you want a chargeback for the money that was taken.

Honestly, the only way you can avoid this happening again is by getting a new bank account. I know you probably don't want to hear that because you've probably got a student OD attached to this one, but they'll be taking money for as long as they fancy as long as they have your details. As far as a payment plan, why should they negotiate when they can just take what they like?

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

• 4 weeks later...

With Wonga you can request something called Hardship. It puts your account on hold whilst you sort your money out. They left me alone for 38 days. It might be worth requesting so you have more time to focus on minicredit.