Tesco Opticians - **customer service **

scorch0322
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

had eyes tested in november and was advised by locum optician to go for varifocals. i currently wear reading and have to have these on the end of my nose whilst working.

After getting test the assistants advised I buy the top of the range lenses at £159, the glasses were on a BOGOF and cost a total of £308. I picked these up and a week later had to go back as they made me feel so sick and headaches.

Explained and was advised to give it another week. Did this and still no good. Went back and was told by the manager '' i am probably one of those that can't get on with varifocals''.

Offered a retest which came out different to first one and went for bifocals as advised by both manager and optician. they did say it would not cost me any more money but thought nothing of that at the time. Yesterday had a call to say bifocals are in.

Went to collect, they felt ok. I asked the question of a refund as they are £124 cheaper and was told probably not, but the manager was not in and would have to get her to call us.

We were amazed at this response and asked many questions and queried this decision but left and waited for the phone call. Got it a 0am this morning. Before we got into much conversation the manager stated that I had demanded a refund yesterday and that I was being angry on the phone today. She also stated I chose these glasses so it is my fault.

I said ''don't put words into my mouth and make things up''. If I wanted to demand and get angry I can but did not.

Later today i called Tesco head office and made a complaint and have been told this can take up to 28 days to resolve. I am not holding out much hope. a ll I want now is for these glasses to go back and I get a full refund.

I currently have 2 pairs of glasses one no good what so ever the other is fine. I am dammed if I am going back in that store to get them sorted as I can just imagine what reception I will be greeted with.

I thought I was the customer and that I had rights. What about the supply of goods and services act 1982. I even called trading standards that advised me to complain. we shall see but we are boycotting Tesco from now on.

Edited by citizenB
formatted for easier reading

Hi sco

Welcome to CAG

Have a read of 10,12 and 13 in my signature. Although you've spoken to Head Office. I would still write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such.

Explain whats happened with as much detail as possible, how they have let you down, what was said to you and what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Philip Clarke, Chief Executive

philip.clarke@uk.tesco.com

Some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html