Sky's 'free' trial, a cautionary note

silverfox1961
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This thread really only applies to those of us that are on the entertainment extra pack with the price promise until 31st August 2012.

As some of us know, Sky changed most peoples package in September, removing the 6 individual packs and replacing them with just two, the entertainment pack at £20 per month and the entertainment extra pack at £25 per month however for those paying less than £25 (I was paying £22.50) this price is being held until the end of next August.

I moved home recently and when I rang Sky to inform them of the change they offered me a 'free' trial of movies and sports for two months. I made absolutely sure that once the trial was over, I wouldn't be charged any extra and was assured that this would be the case. Wrong!

What is happening is that when Sky add the extra channels, they are cancelling the existing package and putting you on the new pack and after the trial is over, they return you to the entertainment extra pack but with no price promise so your bill will be £25, not the amount you were paying.

Sky cannot re-instate the original plan as once you have upgraded, the package vanishes. Basically, the computer says 'no'.

Sky knows about this anomaly but aren't saying anything unless you query this additional cost.

In my case, they are not able to reduce the monthly figure back to £22.50 so they have left it at the full price and given me a credit of £22.50 on my next bill (£2.50 per month for the next nine months in one go)

I'm sure we don't want Sky getting any more of our money than we have to so check your bill

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Sky now also have a 'backdoor' change, if you have recorded Sky movies and stop your subscription you cannot then view the movies you have ALREADY paid for - they have done this to stop Virginmedia customers subscribing for 2 months, coming off and going back on again.

When the country does go fully digital some of these 'big players' will loose customers - and serve them right too.

Yes I had noticed that too.

One other thing, unless you take the free trial on your exact subscription date, they will charge you for the second month any days over the trial period then refund you on the third month. As they charge in advance for the services, anyone who leaves just enough in the bank to cover the normal subscription cost will find they may go overdrawn, especially (if like me) you don't get a paper bill and don't check monthly

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Not anymore Silver - before sky could not amend you amounts within 14 days of your payment date but they can now amend it as long as there is now 3 days before your next payment - this is just a recent change.

I hope the agent that put you on the free movies get a whacking as they would have been fully aware of what would happen when the offer ended. Sky really need to pull their socks up and get sorted these agents who are not giving the customer services that sky customers deserve.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Not anymore Silver - before sky could not amend you amounts within 14 days of your payment date but they can now amend it as long as there is now 3 days before your next payment - this is just a recent change.

I hope the agent that put you on the free movies get a whacking as they would have been fully aware of what would happen when the offer ended. Sky really need to pull their socks up and get sorted these agents who are not giving the customer services that sky customers deserve.

As it happens, I haven't filled in the usual survey they send out so I intend to make a note on that but I will also give the lady that I spoke to the other day some praise as she sorted out my bills

As Sky have given me a credit for 9 months worth of £2.50s, my bill this month should be zero. It's not! Because my subscription date is the 6th of each month and I accepted the trial on the 28th, I will have 8 days for which I have to pay in advance for. My bill for this month is a whopping £8.27.

As I understand it, that payment should come off next months subs. We shall see.