Robinson Way lifting a stay on a County Court claim made in July 2009 - Happy Christmas!!

Bev250264
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So it all kicks off on Monday then ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Don't worry I had a lot of trouble convincing a the judges about the 'name change' (just stick to your guns), the penny dropped in the end. Fortunately I am in a better position as the substitution of claimant counts as a new claim under the limitation act which in my case means that it is in effect statute barred (last payment 2005) and neither the original claimant or the new applicant have any locus standi. Incredulous that their app notice was poorly done and they asked for 10 mins arrogant bunch of so an so's.

I am pushing this all the way and have fired off a 2nd letter to NCCBC.

If the judge rules it an ‘admin error’ and allows it, make sure you demand that he outlines exactly his reason for such a decision in his judgment in terms of CPR. That is your right.

Hopefully, it will be a different judge and it won’t happen.

Hello daringfire – you look at this thread a lot recently. Want to get involved?

Hey

I'm absolutely facinated about this case and others that end up in small claims court. I'm also impressed at the amount of time the site team and users such as yourselve give to helping others.

I did go through a process of recovering penalty charges from HSBC about 10 years ago, and was successful in an out of court settlement after lodging a claim but I used penaltycharges forum and I think that is what draws me to this forum.

Though I am slightly embarressed that my parents had a valid PPI recovery claim but they used a claims managment company, I really think I should have helped them with that. My dad was self meployed and that wasn't covered by the policy. Though from memory that didnt get the result they expected. I am back in the UK for 10 days in April so I may see if they will let me look at the details.

I have no experience in these issues so I would not presume to give advice which is why I have not commented on the threads.

Also I moved to Singapore for work 6 months ago, which is why you may see me viewing the threads at random times in the night (its day time here).

I thought I'd send a pm rather than commenting on the thread as I don't want to side track from the OP's thread. But the forum rules require me to make 30 posts first.

Thank you for welcoming me and keep up the good work. If I feel that i have something to contribute I think I am more likely to now after you have contacted me.

Best Regards

Daring Fire

Edit Good luck on Monday Bev

Edited by Daringfire
Afterthought

Morning everyone

We know who our dj is on Monday and it isn't Judge Grumpy :whoo: Does anyone know if there's a list anywhere online that lists judges and a bit about them?

Hi Bev

Try judiciary.gov.uk site, list available on there

A bit concerned about this:

CPR 19.2

(4) The court may order a new party to be substituted for an existing one if –

(a) the existing party’s interest or liability has passed to the new party; and

(b) it is desirable to substitute the new party so that the court can resolve the matters in dispute in the proceedings.

A bit concerned about this:

CPR 19.2

(4) The court may order a new party to be substituted for an existing one if –

(a) the existing party’s interest or liability has passed to the new party; and

(b) it is desirable to substitute the new party so that the court can resolve the matters in dispute in the proceedings.

But this is still ‘upon application’, is it not? There has been no application. The claimant insistes there has been – so that itself is a point of dispute.

But this is still ‘upon application’, is it not? There has been no application. The claimant insistes there has been – so that itself is a point of dispute.

Right so this would only apply if they had actually made the app in the first place. So the dj can't use this to justify making an amendment so that the trial can proceed. They're not insisting they've made an app, they're saying they don't have to.

Always confuses me when I read these.

Under CPR 19.4 it seems to say that they would have had to notify of the change of claimant beforehand.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part19

It appears that they would have to make an application under CPR part 23. I just googled CPR 19.2 change in claimant and the process is explained in an online book Blackstones Civil Practice 2013.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Bev

Perhaps email your friend at nccbc and attach a copy of doms w/s.

Ask if it is correct that customer number 1642 was guided by his staff to circumvent part 19 and if so could he provide you with the general rule which allowed this to be effected upon a change of legal entity, include the comp reg numbers.

Also request copies for inspection of any application and order (if any) regarding the matter. Part 5 would apply in your case

Make it polite but clear that the matter is to be tried in your case on monday so his urgent response is required.

Bev

Perhaps email your friend at nccbc and attach a copy of doms w/s.

Ask if it is correct that customer number 1642 was guided by his staff to circumvent part 19 and if so could he provide you with the general rule which allowed this to be effected upon a change of legal entity, include the comp reg numbers.

Also request copies for inspection of any application and order (if any) regarding the matter. Part 5 would apply in your case

Make it polite but clear that the matter is to be tried in your case on monday so his urgent response is required.

Done. Let you know if I get a reply

I'd give him a bell if no response within the next couple of hours.

I've had a dig through Bailii and can't find a suitable reference for the application, plenty in regard to 19.5 limitation following an app but nothing for the actual application itself.......... would assume it just doesn't travel beyond the first instance when it comes to light?

To be honest it's not fatal to it's case unless Mondays judge agrees and decides enough is enough and disposes of the case with no further adjournment or extension, no locus, no case to answer........ wishful thinking I know but stranger things do happen.

Check with your local court this afternoon in case an 11th hour application has been filed by the other side.

There's nothing to stop him hearing your evidence on the day.

Cor that would be handy :-)

Check with your local court this afternoon in case an 11th hour application has been filed by the other side

I'm still trying to plough my way through this skeleton argument. I've tried to cut it right back but there's so many separate arguments that I can't get it below 10 pages. What do I do with it once it's done?