I don't have proof of my current address to supply with application for renting a flat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

this is my first post. I have a problem. Me and my boyfriend are in the process of renting a flat, it's the first time for both. Our situation is a bit complicated. We were living with his mum until October, she was the tenant, then she was evicted. His sister is now putting us up. I moved here in the UK in November 2010. I haven't found a job here yet, I don't have a bank account as I don't have an income and I am not entitled to JSA anyway.

My boyfriend is working full time so he was supporting me and he is now as well.

The agency requires two proofs of current address not older than 3 months but how am I supposed to have what they want (like bank statement and so on) due to my circumstances and since this is a temporarily accommodation? I am not even sure my boyfriend can supply 2 proofs of this address, maybe a bank statement, but we don't get utility bills obviously as it's not our house, I couldn't anyway since I don't have any income and I didn't have my own house and he didn't either.

I do have letters from DWP regarding my NIN, but they're much older than 3 months and have the old address we were evicted from.

I was thinking of discussing this with the agent himself, but first I'd like some sort of advice, mainly I wanna know if this can be a big problem. Is there a way I can get a letter from some authority in like 5 days to have as a proof of address?

Many thanks in advance

Lily, welcome to the system.

My thoughts

Letters from mother & sister stating both of you were living there for what period

Do you appear on any electoral roll or C Tax register?

You have a NI number which can be used in many req searches

Passport may show when you entered UK. British passport will show you are UK citizen

Since b/f is in full employment, ref letter from his employer, stating current wage and employment duration

Maybe LL/LA will consider b/f as sole T and run checks on him alone. B/f can get his credit report for £2 from each of the 3 credit ref agencies.

I've been told by a friend that HSBC do what's called a passport account, it allows you to have a bank account without necessarily having a UK address, or without having to undergo credit scores.

you can't have credit from the account, (of course), but that's ok? any bank is better than no bank right?

Another option is to get a pay as you go sim from O2, and register it to your address,

that way you'll have a utility bill in your name at the address