Advice needed! new claim for jsa after temporary job when last claim payments were stopped

wanda pops
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My 20 yr old son was claiming jsa but just before he started a temporary Christmas job he was told his payments would stop until March 2012 as he hadn't applied for a job they had given him details of.

It was an honest mistake as they gave him so many bits of paper every time he went to sign on and he just overlooked it. They gave the reason for stopping his jsa on the grounds of him not actively seeking employment because of this mistake despite the fact he was applying for up to 40+ jobs each week!!!

He started working for Royal Mail as a Christmas temp and is hoping to be kept on but if not he will have to claim jsa again so my question is; will the decision to stop payments on his last claim be carried over to any new claim he makes?

Thank you in advance for any advice :-)

Any sanction imposed on his previous claim will remain until that period ends, so if he does reclaim before the end of the sanction he will not receive payments of JSA until the day following the end of the sanction.

I would advise that he requests a reonsideration and appeal if the reconsideration is not favourable.

He could make an application for hardship payments in the mean time if he is not kept on at his temporary job.