help needed over state of house when we moved in H/A

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I moved into this property now 6 months ago, but due to depression have only just got round to sorting this place out properly.

When we moved in the place was disgusting it stank of tabacco and we couldn't put the heating on as the tar and tabacco build up was in between the radiators and impossible to clean off.

Here is the list of problems we had and mostly still have

Radiators (resolved)

Lounge

Glass cracked in window

Kitchen

Work sufaces stained

grouting stained

florr tiles cracked and broken also different colors patches stained

ceiling -just plain hurrendous - replaced

next to the kitchen is a toilet and a cupboard all other houses owned by housing asociation have had these knocked through to form a dining area , but H/a wont do it for us despite haveing 3 children and no where to eat.

No electric point for washer (resolved)

Bathroom (which is downstairs)

toilet bowl stained inside and at the bottom

walls lumpy and bumpy need replastering

mildew on grouting

bath stained

Front Garden

No boundary fence on one side.

What can I do about this I have had an inspector come to see these faults yet very little work has been carried out as you can see. I only feel ready now to do something about these problems.

Is it too late to complain as I have been here 6 months.

We have decorated and cleaned to our best abilty, but the place still looks a tip.

I don't know what to do please help.

Further more we were told that most of these problems would be dealt with befor we moved, we were handed the keys at their offices and when we arrived we did phone and complain about it, but nothing was ever done. I now feel like I don't have a leg to stand on.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Carlie

HALIFAX - SETTLED IN FULL - 26TH SEPT

NATWEST - SAR SENT FOR ICLE BRO - 27TH SEPT

ALSO GOING TO START CLAIMS FOR MUM AND DAD:D

BE A STAR GIVE 5% TO THIS SITE

:p IF YA LOVE ME CLICK THE SCALES:p

Am afraid after six months you have left it a little long - you should have been straight onto it at day one taking photos etc. At this point the landlord could easily claim that you have created all this mess and with no correspondance or other evidence dating back to when the problem would have been first evident you stand little to no chance of anythign being done.

We did complain at the state of the place on the first day and also had an inspector out to view what we were talking about, but like I said very little was done.

I know I have left ot late, but my depression has been really bad for the last year and I am only now begining to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks

carlie

I'm afraid to say that it looks like the housing association have sorted out all the items that they legally have to do but not bothered with anything else.

They are under no obligation to do anything about stained work surfaces, grout etc, as long as the stains aren't sewage or something revolting! This also goes for providing you with a dining room.

Hope you manage to get something done though.

Pam.

• Confused 1

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

Thankyou both for taking the time out to respond. I have contacted shelter to see if they can help me in any way.

carlie