O2 sending debt collector letters after they failed to charge us for broadband now ant full payment

memobli
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, hopefully someone can help us with this? We had a 12 month contract with O2 for home phone/broadband, we paid by direct debit each month the amount requested by O2, but were unhappy with the service supplied and when the 12 months were up, we asked for a MAC code so we could move supplier, this was given with no hassle and we gave this to a new supplier. Just after this we received a letter from O2 saying that we owed them money because they had not charged us for the broadband during the contact just the home phone part.

We refused to pay this as we were never told of this till after we requested a mac code at the end of our contract, now we have Fredrickson International Limited demanding £346.40 outstanding balance, if not paid in seven days a £30.00 court fee, £50.00 Solicitor costs, giving a total amount of £426.40

The letter from Fredrickson, does not even include our surname!!! just addressed to my wife's Christian name which is also spelt wrongly!!!

I have been looking around the forums for any advice from people in the same boat but were unable to find anything.

Many thanks

Martin

typically i'd ignore the freddies begging letters

they have no legal powers to do nowt!

if the debt does not show on your cra file

forget it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Presumably you agreed to a package chargable at a certain rate which if you weren't being charged for the broadband part would have differed to the amount being debited from your bank account.

Now although you weren't entirely happy with the service provided BT will argue that it was supplied and used and and therefore will expect payment.

If you've refused to pay and ignored their reminders then you've placed yourself in a tricky position as will probably have recorded adverse info on your credit file and based on O2's handling of other cases on here they'll be in no mood to remove this.

As dx suggests, check your credit file. If they've yet to record a default I'd register a dispute with O2 directly and by-pass the DCA. At the same you're best trying to negotiate a settlement figure.

thank you both for the responses, i will check my credit file and go tell fredrickson to go swivel :violin: will contact o2 also and see what can be done.

Presumably you agreed to a package chargable at a certain rate which if you weren't being charged for the broadband part would have differed to the amount being debited from your bank account.
we paid what ever amount that O2 requested, surely if they were incorrect in their charging it should of been noticed by them before the year was up? thank god i didn't have a 24 month contract with them in that case Edited by memobli
addition

Hi there, sorry that it doesn't seem to have been approached in the best way. Have you had chance to investigate this further yet? Have you had anymore conversations with Customer Service or Fredrickson International Limited?

dan if you are going to advise on behalf of 02 then please contact

admin@consumeractiongroup.co.uk [remove the space here]

before posting further replies

to gain official status

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dan if you are going to advise on behalf of 02 then please contact

admin@consumeractiongroup.co.uk [remove the space here]

before posting further replies

to gain official status

dx

siteteam

Has there been any contact yet to make this official.

Would be good to see them follow up on this.