RugbyPete Vs British Gas Default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have discovered a default on my file for an outstanding balance with British Gas. this is my ex wives house, the bill has not been paid, I have not livbed there for 3 years.

The amount is for £322 under my previous address - There is no reference number on the file unfortunately.

As I dont recognise this, how can I remove the default?

I have asked for more information at this stage but as with my 3 mobile contract Im currently having issues with at the same address (defaulted), the credit agreements dont always apply and are not enforcable. so my question, what is?

Dear Mr

Thank you for your response to my email and providing the information regarding the balance showing on your credit file.

I have checked the details regarding the address you have provided and I confirm that we did have a gas and electricity account for you at that address. The debt of £322.13 relates to the final balance owing on the gas account. I confirm that the gas and electricity accounts were with us up to 16 April 2009 and then the supplies transferred away to another supplier. The final balance on the gas account stood at £322.13 and the final bill was issued on 24 April 2009 to the supply address.

Our records show that we received contact on 14 July 2009 to set up an instalment plan to pay the balance, however no payments were received. We were not provided with any forwarding address, therefore the debt was passed to a collection agency on 4 December 2009. They then take on the collection of the debt and tracing if required.

I am sorry that this matter has led to the situation with your credit file, however the debt remains for the gas used up to 16 April 2009 at ADDRESS. If you are unable to make full payment you would need to speak with the collection agency. Our records show that the last agency the debt was passed to was AIC, contact telephone number – 0141 226 3111.

Once again, I am sorry for the concern this matter has caused. I hope that I have clarified the position of the account. I thank you for your patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely

Miss V Fowler

Customer Relations

British Gas