Absolute nightmare with plusnet

sassy626
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - we're having a total nightmare with plus net. After signing up with them (changing from talk talk) they failed to turn up to their installation appointment on Monday. After ringing them, they tell us that our service has been cancelled (although they have taken two payments already). On looking in to this, plusnet advise that the reason for this is that they are unable to provide fibre optic Internet to our house afterall. Despite this they have cut off our existing broadband and installed their own telephone line so we now have no broadband. We are not prepared to accept their standard broadband but now will have to enter into an 18 month contract to go back to talktalk. I'm furious.

Does anyone have contact details for their CEO - their telephone people are awful - the worst I've ever dealt with.

Hi sass

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain whats happened, how they have let you down, what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Jamie Ford, Chief Executive

jford@plus.net

Some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

Further info in no.18 in my signature.

Guest Bob Pullen. Plusnet Customer Support

Hi there,

Really sorry to hear your story!

If you can provide me with some means of identifying your account (support ticket reference?) then I'll certainly have a look and see if there's anything I can do to help?

If fibre isn't available at your local cabinet then there's not a great deal I can do about that aspect of things, but at the very least I'd like to see what caused the communication breakdown and ensure that you've not been charged for anything you shouldn't have been.

Out of curiosity why would you rather go to Talk Talk for a regular DSL service?

Best regards,

• 7 months later...

Hi Bob

Many apologies for the VERY late response on this. I got somewhat distracted having a baby as she had some development problems (all now resolved) hence the lack of any reply or action on my part with regard to our plusnet service over the last several months.

With regard to your query on TalkTalk it is simply a case of better the devil you know. And they have never let me down in the way that plusnet did (not to say they have not irritated me at times, not least with the basically dishonest calls attempting to trick you into signing up for further long term contracts but I like their online support on the TalkTalk forums). I'm generally a great believer in rewarding good customer service and NOT rewarding bad service with continued custom. It was my husband who prompted the change to plusnet on the basis of him being mislead as to what plusnet could and could not provide us with and being frustrated with the speed of TalkTalk's service (less of any issue for me since my internet usage is generally limited to forum use such as this). In the end we actually went with O2 on the basis of the discount offered to us as existing mobile telephone customers.

Kind regards

Sara

Hi Sara,

Many apologies for the VERY late response on this. I got somewhat distracted having a baby as she had some development problems (all now resolved) hence the lack of any reply or action on my part with regard to our plusnet service over the last several months.

Congratulations! Sorry to hear of the complications but glad all's now well.

With regard to your query on TalkTalk it is simply a case of better the devil you know. And they have never let me down in the way that plusnet did (not to say they have not irritated me at times, not least with the basically dishonest calls attempting to trick you into signing up for further long term contracts but I like their online support on the TalkTalk forums).

Not sure if you're aware but we have our own forums too. We're also pretty active over on Twitter and Facebook.

In the end we actually went with O2 on the basis of the discount offered to us as existing mobile telephone customers.

OK, did you manage to get those two payments attended to before you moved?

Best regards,

Bob.

• 5 months later...

I have had the same experience with plusnet, they are the worst ISP we joined in August 2012 -, lost broadband connection for most of December and now our phone line crackles so bad no one can hear us - so we can't make calls. They are still charging us the full amount for landline rental and broadband. I want to buy out of the contract, but this would cost almost £85. So we are stuck with them for now. I have complained and hope they will at least refund the portion of our bill for landline and broadband.

I've seen Bob help others on this forum with problems. Maybe he can offer you some assistance.

You could try the Plus.net community forum

If you want some more advice, post the events leading up to this point, use bullet points and list the problems in chronological order and we can advise on what plus.net should do to resolve this.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

In support of plusnet they were very good with my elderly mother. He HB kept dropping out so to start with the turned on or off not sure which interleving? . This made a huge difference. She lives in a rural location and it seems the whole village are having speed and connection issues so it may well be a BT wholesale issue.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I have had the same experience with plusnet, they are the worst ISP we joined in August 2012 -, lost broadband connection for most of December and now our phone line crackles so bad no one can hear us - so we can't make calls.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having problems :(

Presumably we're trying to fix this for you? If not then we should be. Have you a recent support/fault ticket reference you can provide me with so I can take a look at your account and see if there's anything I can do to help?

Best regards,

After reading this, and other stories, I dont think I will be using this service provider and will advise others to read up before thinking of signing.

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

You will find negatives about all service providers.

It is hard to say from the number of complaints weather this is down to the service provider being sub-standard or if it is because they have a vast quantity of customers.

My parents moved from AOL to Plus.net because they heard bad things about TalkTalk, and TalkTalk bought AOL who they had been with for close to a decade.... the thing is they didn't realise they had moved to the TalkTalk server 6 months ago and had no loss of service and no problems in that time.

They have had no problems with Plus.net either, but we rarely post when things go well :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

You will find negatives about all service providers.

Indeed you will. I'd recommend everyone do their research before choosing a provider and I'd defy anyone to find a provider without any negative reviews out on the Internet. We receive our fair share of awards so must be doing something right ;)

Always happy to lend a helping hand to any customers of our that are having problems.

Regards,

For the record I have worked for a few ISPs in various capacities. Usually awards go to the ones that spend most in adverstising. Plus Net is all over the place right now.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

From my experience out of sky orange talktalk and plusnet i think plusnet have been far the best in customer service. When my father died it was an easy switch to my mother,they have helped her, she can understand what they say,sorry but true especially for older people or those not used to multicultural areas. Talktalk managed to send the debt collectors for my late wife 7 months after she died with no bill between. They also tried to sell me a new router at great cost when i was out of contract. Sky have been unreliable and as for orange talktalk,well.

I think the actual advertising is irrelevant. Just one request please get rid of that shocking yorkshire accent on the phone.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

For the record I have worked for a few ISPs in various capacities. Usually awards go to the ones that spend most in adverstising. Plus Net is all over the place right now.

Whilst the winners of some of the awards are decided by a panel, many of them aren't and are determined by the results of surveys completed by Joe public (Which? recommendations etc.) This also doesn't cater for all of the awards we won before we started advertising heavily (We've been around since 1997). As it happens we won another last night. 'Best Customer Rated Home Broadband' at the uSwitch Broadband Awards :)

Regards,

• 7 months later...

Anyone got Jamie Ford's email ID?? No I do not want to communicate with anyone else over this matter: It is through communicating with Madasafish through the usual channels that the mess has occurred in the first place.

Briefly, upgraded from Madasafish Max to Max Premier (50Gb monthly limit): 3 times: Nothing happens. So I raise a bleedin' ticket: Get emails & ticket saying the upgrade has happened.. Now I get an invoice for £67+ as the upgrade did not happen.

'phoned them yesterday (They are a communications company). Got recorded message saying there was a 30 minute (t-h-i-r-t-y minute) wait for a human. Raised a ticket asking for his name & email: Still no answer.

Clearly Ford as a high-quality expert chief executive is not to blame, but he'll be, unbeknownst to him, p*zz*ng off clients & losing money because of failed systems/processes.. I have some suggestions that will save him grief & money.

Must be an isolated example of course...

Any suggestions as to which BB supplier to move to that has just simple, basic, customer service systems which work??

Hi there,

Are Madasafish and Plusnet the same company?

Yes.

Anyone got Jamie Ford's email ID?? No I do not want to communicate with anyone else over this matter...

If you change your mind then give me a nudge. Happy to look into things if you can provide me with an old support ticket reference or your account username?

Best regards,

Fascinating that so much effort goes into trying to fix the mess after the problem has happened rather than doing things right 1st time.

Blimey:

Found his email ID on't t'Internet (not that hard). emailed him... got this reply within 2 hours...

I'm very sorry to hear of your frustrations, I have asked the high level support team to contact you to help resolve the issues.

Kind regards Jamie

I assume someone other than he actually replied (will try & find out..)

What whoever did reply failed to spot (obvious if you read my email..) was I was merely making some suggestions to him to improve service, not asking him to "resolve the issues" as I'm off elsewhere to another supplier.

Perhaps he/customer service should do is the "read what the customer says first" course...

Cheers!

rels been with p'net for awhile. after some initial teething probs (lower speed cf previous provider etc. line checked by bt engineer) its generally been ok. the speed is lower than before, but not too much (they use bt dslam equipment, some other providers use their own), and they use contention/limits at peak times depending on which package.

but, their prices are going up!

Edited by Ford