Lorry mirrors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope this is the best place to post

I drive a lorry, and the branch I work at has just had an 11 plate 7.5 tonne transferred in.

It is fitted with the 2 mirrors on each side and the kerb side mirror, but not the Mirror detailed as number 6 which scans across the front of the lorry and is either mounted top of windscreen centre or top of nearside corner

I think this mirror is mandatory for vehicles registered post /since Jan 2007 as it seems that all goods vehicles ( there are exception) and I read that there is an EU directive on this. The group transport manager says its not required

Any thoughts? I dont particularly want a run in with VOSA !

It does seem strange that an 11 plate vehicle hasn't got one fitted as EU Directive 2003/97/EC required all new N2 and N3 vehicles to have them after Jan 2007. Directive 2007/38/EC was then issued to require all post 2000 N2 and N3 vehicles to be retrofitted by mar 2009.

Edited by Jarv1
missed a word out!!

Although I have just found this in Annex 3 of the Directive

5.6.2. However, if the driver can see, taking into account the obstructions by the A-pillars, a straight line 300 mm in front of the vehicle at a height of 1200 mm above the road surface and which is situated between a longitudinal vertical plane parallel to the longitudinal vertical median plane going through the outermost side of the vehicle at the driver's side and a longitudinal vertical plane parallel to the longitudinal vertical median plane 900 mm outside the outermost side of the vehicle opposite to the driver's side, a front mirror of class VI is not mandatory.

So it is possible that it doesn't need one if you can decipher what all that EU guff means!! :-)

Although I have just found this in Annex 3 of the Directive

5.6.2. However, if the driver can see, taking into account the obstructions by the A-pillars, a straight line 300 mm in front of the vehicle at a height of 1200 mm above the road surface and which is situated between a longitudinal vertical plane parallel to the longitudinal vertical median plane going through the outermost side of the vehicle at the driver's side and a longitudinal vertical plane parallel to the longitudinal vertical median plane 900 mm outside the outermost side of the vehicle opposite to the driver's side, a front mirror of class VI is not mandatory.

So it is possible that it doesn't need one if you can decipher what all that EU guff means!! :-)

Could you not find an English version? !!!!! :???: