Nightmare with orange prepay mastercard - money vanishes **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear ALL,

Going through an utter nightmare at the moment with this card!

After having purchased this card from the Orange website, I went on the 09th November 2011, into the Orange store (now known as Everything Everywhere) in West Ealing London - none of the staff had ever heard of Orange ever having this card, and had no idea how to load the money onto the card.

When the staff contacted Orange to ask on how to do it, Orange refused to tell them via the phone and then re-directed them to go to their website and look up the instructions on there as to how to load the money!

It gets worse - I then found out on the 12th November 2011 after checking my Orange prepay card online account, that the first loading of the money was not showing the correct amount that I had given them in cash to top up.

Worse still the second top up on the 11th November 2011 (again when I went in the staff member had never heard of the existence of their own prepay card or how to load the money onto the card and I had to wait for the previous member of staff) of £120 cash had not registered AT ALL - and has simply vanished into the ether!

The one geographical number supplied just has an automated response system - no human being to speak to, and the other number where there is a human being to speak to is 50p a minute!!!!! And then they*don't*do anything and pass the buck back onto the Orange store.

Ringing the head office results in getting nowhere fast - and AGAIN nobody right up the chief execs office has any clue about the existence of their own Orange prepay card, and even got almost into an argument with one operative who kept on insisting that they Orange didn't do this card - to which in the end I said YES YOU DO - GO LOOK ON YOUR OWN WEBSITE!

In between rang the store - AGAIN the staff member who answered didn't have a clue about this card or that the Orange 'customer service' wasn't open on a Sunday (only found this out after doing the rounds of trying to speak to anyone within Orange head office) and wouldn't at my request phone to find out to save me coming all the way down to the shop, even though I told them I had mobility issues

Rang them again on Monday 13th November 2011 - the manager openly agrees with me that the whole thing is a total utter disaster and a nightmare (frankly they're having as much trouble from their end in trying to deal with Orange itself, to sort out this matter) I was assured that he was onto a number of people, that all he had to do was email them to confirm the amounts of money missing and then I would have the money returned and that I would also get a phone call from a Nicky within Orange Cash card customer service.

NO PHONE CALL - NO MONEY.

Tuesday 14th November - checked my online account again - NOTHING!

Rang the store, the manager was under the impression that my money had been returned/credited to my account, I informed him that this was NOT the case and he again said that he would get onto this Nicky and that she would give me a phone call back.

To date: NO MONEY NO PHONE CALL!!!

I had my food order by Tesco rejected and a phone call from them because basically it looked like I was trying to be fraudulent.

I have contacted*Off-com*but they will not get involved as this is a financial matter despite Orange being a telecoms company, the FSA will not get involved as they*don't*take on individual cases, the financial ombudsman will only put forward a complaint to the company that is partnered and who have 8 weeks to respond - Prepaid logisticals - with Orange, to*apparently*administer their card; I contacted them also and was promised a call back but still nothing to date.

I also contacted Barclays who are the bank that is partnered with Orange but nobody had a clue about this card and were unable to help me.

I contacted Consumer direct and first was given incorrect advice, and when I rang again I was agreed with that Orange were in breach of contract law etc, but didnt give me any detailed information and simply emailed me a template letter of complaint.

I live in Ealing which*doesn't*have any law centre, any CAB and the only one that will speak to me which is withing the courts of royal justice, I have to wait until next week at the very least before anyone can possiblyyy help me, and the guy on the advice line*didn't*know what to do

I am on Incapacity benefit and all the money I had I put onto that card - and am unlikely to get a crisis loan due to these circumstances and also do'nt want to get into debt, which I can ill afford.

So to sum up I have NO MONEY, NO FOOD AND NO ANYTHING TIL I GET PAID IN 2 WEEKS TIME - and Im both deeply angry, upset and at my wits end as what to do!

Please if anyone can help me Id really appreciate it

Thanks,

Sea

How absurd, of course it exists !

"In a nutshell, the Orange Cash prepaid MasterCard® is a card that can be loaded with cash and used just like a credit or debit card, online and in the shops. It’s just like having cash in your pocket but better, with rewards as you spend and added peace of mind. "

That's clearly a joke, peace of mind is one thing you don't have and I see it costs 50 per minute to phone a Customer Advisor.

Personally I would try speaking to Barclays who issue the card, perhaps shame them into helping. Good luck.

Chris O

You do still have the receipts for your money dont you?

Not sure what you need to do, so will ask for you.

TBH, with the lack of customer service in respect of their phone/internet operations, it doesnt surprise me that they are having problems with this prepaid card.. which I have never heard of either!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

seaspray, you had FOUR threads open on this situation, I have merged them all into one!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You do still have the receipts for your money dont you?

Not sure what you need to do, so will ask for you.

TBH, with the lack of customer service in respect of their phone/internet operations, it doesnt surprise me that they are having problems with this prepaid card.. which I have never heard of either!

Just to let you know my money has now been credited back to my card - though still £10 out.

Im so glad I managed to find the Chief Exec of Orange - Olaf Swantee - email address on here - as it may have had some effect, as I had one of the managers from the company that Orange have partnered with to handle the admin of this card - Prepay Logistics - give me a call today.

But only got my money because I was relentless in harranguing them to give it me back!

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE THIS CARD!

Could the minus £10.00 be some sort of administration charge? The prepaid cards do charge either a start up fee or monthly..

BCOBS