YBJ PCN: Jackson's Ln/Archway Rd - Successful Appeal - Possible PATAS Precedent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

This is just a quick note to say that based on my upheld appeal that was assessed by PATAS on 4th Nov 2011 regarding the YBJ at Archway/Jackson's Lane, the junction has been deemed as non compliant as it has not been maintained appropriately. The yellow lines are so faded that it is not possible to see the end of the box at the point of entry. My appeal was upheld on this point despite the fact that I entered and stopped in the junction when the route was not clear.

As far as I know this sets a precedent and potentially means that any ticket issued by TfL in the past month (or more) at this junction can be appealed on this point.

I will happily upload all documentation at the earliest opportunity to help other drivers who are caught at this junction, which I believe is one of the most lucrative for TfL in London.

Please let me know if you would benefit from seeing any correspondence between myself and TfL as I will be happy to help.

Cheers

James

Hello,

This is just a quick note to say that based on my upheld appeal that was assessed by PATAS on 4th Nov 2011 regarding the YBJ at Archway/Jackson's Lane, the junction has been deemed as non compliant as it has not been maintained appropriately. The yellow lines are so faded that it is not possible to see the end of the box at the point of entry. My appeal was upheld on this point despite the fact that I entered and stopped in the junction when the route was not clear.

As far as I know this sets a precedent and potentially means that any ticket issued by TfL in the past month (or more) at this junction can be appealed on this point.

I will happily upload all documentation at the earliest opportunity to help other drivers who are caught at this junction, which I believe is one of the most lucrative for TfL in London.

Please let me know if you would benefit from seeing any correspondence between myself and TfL as I will be happy to help.

Cheers

James

Each case is dealt with on merit another adjudicator may consider the lines visible enough to enforce, faded and non compliant are not the same thing. If it didn't comply with the legislation it would be incorrectly marked and that would be easily proven being worn away is subjective.

• 1 year later...
PCN successfully challenged at the same junction: invalid-pcn. co.uk

Was this on the same point as the OP?

If so, it is surprising the road markings have not been repainted in about a year and a half ago during which period they would have worn/degraded more.

• 2 months later...

I would like to share a rare victory with all of you here, because using the information available here I successfully argued that Yellow Box Junction PCN is unenforceable because it is not written correctly in legal jargon.

My appeal was allowed yesterday, and TFL was unable to enforce the YBJ PCN.

Hip Hip Hooray.