H.L.Legal Solicitors

spellchick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am new to this forum and I have been contacted by HL Legal yesterday asking to pay a debt that we have outstanding due to dispute/complaint with Virgin Media. The person I spoke to said they had no information about the debt itself, but asked me to send it to them and in the meantime to contact Virgin and see whats happening with the complaint we sent recorded delivery back in March/April to which we never even had a letter acknowledging receipt let alone get a proper response. The impression I was given that it was a solicitors office not debt collectors, but having now looked them up on Google ended up on this thread.

They were asking me to pay the money "without prejudice" and then ask for a refund from Virgin if its not actually due. I said I was not happy to pay an account which is incorrect and none of the issues have not been addressed despite us phoning and eventually writing to them (as we were told to write in as nobody would discuss the issue/complaint with us)

Apparently I am due to get a letter from HL as well sometime next week about this and they asked me to ignore it and contact them by phone next week to either pay or arrange to send the paperwork to them.

Looking at this thread there is a lot of talk about the CCA, could someone tell me if this is something I can use in this situation?

As I understand (as this is new to me I might misunderstand this) they have no right to chase for this debt unless they have the consumer credit act agreement? I am not sure if this applies with Virgin media, obviously if it was a loan from a bank I would have had to sign one, but would this be the same with a contract with Virgin?

Also I will be looking on this forum to find out more about what to do about this complaint/debt with Virgin as to date we have heard nothing and I am getting worried my credit file may be affected long term.

Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Thank you for your time.

Hi, I am new to this forum and I have been contacted by HL Legal yesterday asking to pay a debt that we have outstanding due to dispute/complaint with Virgin Media. The person I spoke to said they had no information about the debt itself, but asked me to send it to them and in the meantime to contact Virgin and see whats happening with the complaint we sent recorded delivery back in March/April to which we never even had a letter acknowledging receipt let alone get a proper response. The impression I was given that it was a solicitors office not debt collectors, but having now looked them up on Google ended up on this thread.

They were asking me to pay the money "without prejudice" and then ask for a refund from Virgin if its not actually due. I said I was not happy to pay an account which is incorrect and none of the issues have not been addressed despite us phoning and eventually writing to them (as we were told to write in as nobody would discuss the issue/complaint with us)

Apparently I am due to get a letter from HL as well sometime next week about this and they asked me to ignore it and contact them by phone next week to either pay or arrange to send the paperwork to them.

Looking at this thread there is a lot of talk about the CCA, could someone tell me if this is something I can use in this situation?

As I understand (as this is new to me I might misunderstand this) they have no right to chase for this debt unless they have the consumer credit act agreement? I am not sure if this applies with Virgin media, obviously if it was a loan from a bank I would have had to sign one, but would this be the same with a contract with Virgin?

Also I will be looking on this forum to find out more about what to do about this complaint/debt with Virgin as to date we have heard nothing and I am getting worried my credit file may be affected long term.

Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Thank you for your time.

You have got to be kidding!! :!: They are chasing you for money when they have no details of what you owe; if anything? I would be rolling on the floor laughing if it wasn't for the fact that this situation is very real to you.

Firstly, STOP talking to anyone on the phone because you will get told tosh like this time and time again. You will need to write to whoever is chasing you for payment asking for a complete breakdown of the debt they allege to be owed... by rec. deliver. As they have no paperwork, this should be quite interesting!

If you would like to draft something up, we'll take a look over it for you.... While this may not be covered by the CCA Act, it is covered by common sense.... (and CPUTR 2008).

If in any doubt as to how ridiculous this is.... please re-read the parts I have highlighted back to yourself....

:-)

Edited by PriorityOne

Virgin Bledia, as I call them!

They are the world leaders in ignoring "EVERYTHING" you say or send them, you have a comedy on your hands.

What did you have with them? A phone, broadband, TV? Or was it one of their credit cards?

Keep OFF the phone, keep EVERYTHING in writing, ignore HL illegal, deal with the Virgin Bledia direct, and tell HL (in writing) that they should keep their snout out of business that has nothing to do with them, as until VM respond to your letters, then HL have no leg to stand on.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi thank you for the advice and replies, I understand reading my post back now as well that it was dodgy and I just didnt realise it whilst being on the phone to them. Now Im just grateful I didnt just pay the bill which was what they were pushing for. I think it may be best to write to HLL and ask them to provide the breakdown of any debt owed as it has been suggested here. Also need to see if we have any other options of chasing up the complaint with VM. We had the bundle with them to start with - tv, phone and internet and then when that was transferred it was just phone and internet. I posted the general problem with that contract and service on the thread for broadband issues etc as well here.

Yes contact C.E.O. as Casper & I both have done this, and an assistant called susan may get back to you, state complaints, it was the only way I got near immediate response, and things got sorted a hell of a lot quicker, but keep record of everthing as I found I had to re-quote events. but was sorted in the end, I will not go into the comedy of errors from their staff who seem not to know who they work for including saying Head Office do not have telephone contacts.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Today received a letter from Sigma Red Ltd dated 11th Nov so its obviously been sent after the phone call to me on Friday (as they asked me for my address, DOB and name over the phone before giving me any information which obviously was so that they could send a letter as they didnt appear to have the information and at the time I just didnt twig that thats what they were doing) the letter states -

We act for Virgin Media Limited who have instructed us to investigate your circumstances prior to commencing Court action against you.

Our enquiries have revealed that you do appear to have an ability to meet your obligation to our client and that there is no valid reason for non payment. We are therefore passing your account to our litigation partner HL Solicitors who may commence legal proceedings against you for recovery of the whole amount outstanding. Should this action be taken it will result in additional claims for interest charges and costs.

In the event that Judgment/Decree is obtained against you it will be entered into a public register. These details will be available for Credit Reference Agencies who will supply them to credit grantors and others seeking information on your financial standing.

To avoid this action you must contact HL Solicitors directly, as they now have conduct of your account, on 01527 405495 or you can settle your account with them online at

And today I will sit down and scan in all correspondence with previous debt collection agency who I had previously contact with and now these people and also emails to and from Virgin & copy of original complaint we sent to them which hasnt been replied to - all of this will be going to the CEO's email. I've had enough now.

Hi thank you for the link. It looks good, but my only concern is that it does state that I do not owe any debt to *company name*, currently I know there is an invoice which probably would be due but it would need to be for correct charges ie for internet and phone that we did have for a short period but without the phone connection fees, cancellation fees etc which are in the current total. So would it still be correct to use this letter?

Hi thank you for the link. It looks good, but my only concern is that it does state that I do not owe any debt to *company name*, currently I know there is an invoice which probably would be due but it would need to be for correct charges ie for internet and phone that we did have for a short period but without the phone connection fees, cancellation fees etc which are in the current total. So would it still be correct to use this letter?

Just edit it to suit, unfortunately not all templates are 'one fits all'. ;)

We act for Virgin Media Limited who have instructed us to investigate your circumstances prior to commencing Court action against you.

Ooh, feeling confident are we? So confident that you start by intimating that you are going to take me to court! Well well, I look forward to that day, just as soon as the moon turns blue! What imbeciles...

Our enquiries have revealed that you do appear to have an ability to meet your obligation to our client and that there is no valid reason for non payment. We are therefore passing your account to our litigation partner HL Solicitors who may commence legal proceedings against you for recovery of the whole amount outstanding. Should this action be taken it will result in additional claims for interest charges and costs.

In the event that Judgment/Decree is obtained against you it will be entered into a public register. These details will be available for Credit Reference Agencies who will supply them to credit grantors and others seeking information on your financial standing.

To avoid this action you must contact HL Solicitors directly, as they now have conduct of your account, on 01527 405495 or you can settle your account with them online at

'Must' is synonymous with 'may' so should be read as such, and you have absolutely no legal obligation to ring anyone least of all respond in anyway to a letter.

Boo.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have sent an email to the CEO together with backup docs of all correspondence. Will keep you posted on any progress. Thanks again for all your help everyone, it is very much appreciated. I will be glad once this is finally sorted, can't believe it has dragged on this long.

I received a reply on his behalf the same evening stating the team will look into this and come back to me in 24h. And I am happy to say it has now been resolved! I had a missed call on landline and mobile from the lady who dealt with this and also all the information by email. They credited the whole outstanding balance and noted that account is settled and notified Moorcroft. She said if either HLL or Moorcroft call or write then to tell them to contact Virgin as account is settled and nothing is due for payment. I confirmed that if anything has been noted on my credit file about this issue she is happy for me to come back to her as I have her contact details! Thank you so much for all the help getting this done. Its a massive relief and I am glad its all done now.

• 3 months later...

Thank you for this thread....

I just received a threatening letter from Sigma Red claiming that Sean B.of my address owes M&S £1784.97.....I have NO IDEA who Sean B. is....With the sums and issues involved, you'd think they'd be more careful to say the least......

**Atomboy**

• Abbey Business Acct £1748.47 **Won** :-)
  • Abbey Personal Acct Prelim sent 5/2/7. LBA sent 14/2/7. Claim filed 8/3/7.
  • Abbey Credit Card **Won** £469 :)
  • Abbey Business Acct 2nd claim Prelim sent 5/2/7. LBA sent 14/2/7. Claim filed 8/3/7
  • Abbey Business Acct 3rd claim Prelim sent 22/3/7. LBA sent 11/04/07
  • Abbey Business Acct 6th claimPrelim sent 11/04/07
  • Blackhorse **Won** £153.70 :-)
  • Nat West S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 11/04/07
  • Smile **Won**
  • Smile Visa Card Prelim sent 22/3/7; LBA sent 11/04/07

More to come...

:-)