Barclays repeat reclaim

mossysue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was successful in 2006 in reclaiming charges - bank dropped out day before court proceedings. The charging however went on merrily as before and in 2009 I was successful in claiming back a further £2500 as a hardship case. Well, the charging has gone on just as merrily as before, and as I am on a low income, live alone in London, I have accrued about £1500 again in charges and am thinking of trying again. I am caught up in a trap of high charges which means more payments refused therefore more charges. Tomorrow I will be charged £128.00 from the previous month and by the time I have paid into my account to get back within my overdraft a D debit will have been rejected. It is a nightmare. I have debts now and a tax bill looming and want to know if it will be worth attempting again as a case of real hardship. The bank will NEVER allow me to have a temporary overdraft - they give me no flexibility. I feel I am penalised because I am self employed and have a low but very erratic income which means money is simply just not there when needed. I have tried to build up a cushion of savings to enable me to manage this but it has proved impossible and I just keep getting charged more.

Any suggestions?

I would suggest getting a parachute bank account

have salary paid into that and offer an affordable

repayment to the other account.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I was in this situation 2 years ago. Between us my partner and I had 4 bank accounts with HSBC, including a business account for my partners Ltd company. We used to get charged around ??? 600 a month? Including going OD when bank charges were added. We begged and pleaded with HSBC...... nothing they could do. Saw the light one day, opened a bank account with Santander. We both bank with them now and have never looked back. Granted my partner folded his business and got a job but we still struggle to repay debts from that time (including all the bank charges). We also only have things on Direct debit that HAVE to be, like house insurance ect. Not even our mortgage is on DD - I am also now self employed, I make money but if people pay late ect. i don't want things bouncing. Also Santander are very keen on bouncing things if the money isnt there the day before, unlike HSBC who give you until 14.00 to get your cash in. meaning we have HAD to take more care of our money. Good luck

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...