Lowell portfolio and bankrupty petition

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,really hope someone can help. In march this year I came home to a hand delivered letter from Lowell regarding a debt on a credit card,I wrote to them requesting a copy of a signed agreement and heard nothing.I have now been handed a "creditors Bankruptcy Petition on failure to comply with a statutory demand for a liquidated sum payable immediately"which is due to be heard in court on 17th November.Not sure what to do next I am terrified at the thought of being made bankrupt for a debt which I do not acknowledge (if it does exist then I believe it may have been a fraudulant card obtained by my ex patner).I am a single mum who works full time to pay the mortgage and do not have £6000 (I wish)Please help as I am so scared.

Hi, Has there been any other correspondence

prior to this.

A statutory demand should be delivered to

you personally and gives you time limits in which to respond

and apply for the SD to be set aside did you receive this???

If you didn't then they cannot proceed, as this is only 14

days away I suugest that you need to seek legal advice

locally perhaps at the CAB.

If you can post more details as to what you have received in the

way of documents from the court or Lowell then others here may

have further advice.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks for the reply,I had an unstamped letter put through my door which was the first notification I received,that was when I sent the letter saying I did not acknowledge the debt and asking for copies of original documentation,that is all I have receved until the bankruptcy petition.I would appreciate advice on how I get the statutory demand set aside bearing in mind the fairly tight deadline.I have no assets apart from a car worth about £300 and about £2,000 equity in the house so really dont understand what benefit they would have in making me bankrupt!

Hi, BR is not my speciality so I'll bump your

thread so that others with more expertise in

this area can advise.

BUMP

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi,anyone help at all? I am very worried about running out of time on this,am off work today so would like to do as much as possible.

Anyone around.

BUMP

Hi,anyone help at all? I am very worried about running out of time on this,am off work today so would like to do as much as possible.

It sounds as though that hand delivered letter you got initially was an SD. I would ring Lowell (they should have provided a name and contact number with the SD) and tell them that it's not your debt. If this is really the case their petition should fail and they would have just wasted their money and owe you costs. I very much doubt they would want to proceed if you are going to totally deny the debt and they have no proof that it's yours. If talking to them doesn't get results there are other things that can be done but they involve costs and should be very much "Plan B" at this stage.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

Can you post a copy o the letter here

after removing all personal data and

any bar codes please??

It will help us to advise.

Brig.

Hi. Sorry to.jump this. I too got a hand delivered petition threat, but wasnt in.when he came back, so am assuming it will get done by alternative service. I had previously cca'd hsmptons°cas they.are claiming for a catalogue debt and barclay card. They seent a so called copy of a credit agreement but it didnt have my signature on anywhere and I never got the catalogue one. So, I rung them up.. They said if I made a down payment and offered monthly installments they would adjourn the hearing, I asked if it would get cancelled, they said no, but they would just keep adjourning it? What does this mean? I also mentioned thgere are ppi disputes on the barclaycard acc , they said thats nothing to do with them and I.had to.go backnbto varclays..this all seems a bit wro.g and messed up on hamptons part. What shall I do?

Doodle32, you need to start your own thread.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D