littlewoods & very!!! sold to capquest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You should certainly be able to reclaim some if not all of the default/penalty charges - You would need all of your statements in order to complete a spread sheet. Which you would then send to Littlewoods with a completed Financial Ombudsman Claim form (download from FOS website) asking for your money back.

If you don't have statements then you will need to send a Subject Access Request to Littlewoods - this will cost you £10.00 and they have 40 calendar days in which to comply.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request

link for SAR ^^^^^

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

Link for the spread sheets - there is a description under each link on the thread above which will advise which Spread sheet is the correct one to use.

Just ask if you are having problems.

Did you let Littlewoods know that you were struggling and ask them to cease adding charges and interest ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply.

As cap quest bought my debt of littllewoods I can't deal with littllewoods directly.

I spoke to cap quest who are arranging to get all my statements back from 2008 of littllewoods

however they didn't say I'd need to pay anything for this.

Should I still go ahead and send a £10 postal order with a letter requesting this from cap quest??

Regarding interest is their nothing I can do about it??

I did write a letter to them saying I was struggling financially

and they stopped the interest but this was after 1-2 years of interest going onto the acct.

and now the acct has spiraled out if control and landed me £5000 in debt.

Emma, the Subject Access Request you MUST request this from Littlewoods. CQ will have been given minimal information, such as your name, address, date of account opening, date of default and the balance outstanding. They will NOT have any statements or historic data.

You will be wasting your money sending SAR to CQ. You don't just want statements anyway, you want the communication log and other historical data.

If you make a claim for charges to be returned, the interest on those charges will also be reclaimable.

You haven't really helped yourself by letting this go on for so long..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I know doing nothing about it was (is) a bad idea

I was scared to be honest that with such a big debt nothing could've done so made monthly payments hoping no more interest/ charges would go on.

I am now taking control not letting any of my debts take over.

I only have 2 left now.

Yes a fairly large one but nows the time to act.

And believe me I will be sending a SAR of first thing tomorrow not leaviing it.

Regards Emma.

:thumb:

BCOBS

If they don't come back with all the statements from 2008 or part statements and no signature what happens then. I read somewhere they have to have a signature to enforce all the debt especially charges and interest. Like I said previously I am not trying to get out of paying just If some of the charges and interest are not supposed to be on the account.

you should have done this when 1st advised nov 2011

you wouldn't be where you are now if you had I bet

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

did you send the letters I advised in post 19

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I did send a letter saying I was having difficulty paying and asking to freeze the interest.

I didn't get a reply back by post or email but

they did stop the interest going onto the account

but on every statement after that letter it said if you make minimum payment expected interest for next month would be XXX amount of pounds.

In the letter I said I would pay XX amount of pounds a month but because I got no reply I just paid a £1 to them.

ok good you took control.

so you are paying capquest now?

have you sent them a CCA request

dx

and they

No I'm not paying cap quest yet they only took the account over on 24/10/14. I phoned them yesterday as soon as I got there letter they then told me I have to deal direct with the and no longer have anything to do with littllewoods. They was going to request all my statements back from 2008 and my account with cap quest has been put on hold till 24/11/14. But tomorrow I will be sending a £10 postal order with a letter requesting SAR to littllewoods.

No I'm not paying cap quest yet they only took the account over on 24/10/14. I phoned them yesterday as soon as I got there letter they then told me I have to deal direct with the and no longer have anything to do with littllewoods. They was going to request all my statements back from 2008 and my account with cap quest has been put on hold till 24/11/14. But tomorrow I will be sending a £10 postal order with a letter requesting SAR to littllewoods.

Good girl, just do as you are told on here and it will get sorted.

stay off that phone!

they are NOT BAILIFFS!!

dx

and they

Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it AND will be getting it sorted. No more burying my head in the sand. It's not going to get sorted that way it's just a shame I didn't do anything before hand.

Do you suggest to send a CCA request to cap quest as well as sending SAR to littlewoods?

Edited by Emma19860789

CCA is a must

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!

I sent of the SAR on 27/10/14 to littlewoods recorded along with a 10 postal order.

I have receive a letter this morning with the following.

Thank you for your letter dated 27th October requesting information, which is held on file by our company.

I presume that you are making a subject access request under the data protection act 1998

and so this attracts the statutory fee of £10.00.

Please forward this to me, via cheque or postal order,

together with the completed DP2 form at the address above,

and I will progress your request,

please note that the 40 day statutory time period for response commences upon receipt of the cheque or postal order.

If I can be of any further assistance of this matter, please don't hesitate to contact me on 03448118515.

Our open ours are Monday to Friday 9am -5pm.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly and apologise for any unnecessary inconvenience caused.

Your sincerely

Gill wood

Data protection unit

ENC DP2.

Any advice please

I sent the postal order with the request of the SAR on 27/10.

They have obviously got me request for SAR which I sent the postal order of in the same envelope with the letter

to which I got the following reply above.

Do I fill out the DP2 form it is asking me to sign it date of birth/address/previous address/ general information they already know about me.

I sent of for a CCA on the 28/10/14 to cap quest as they have bought my debt fro littlewoods. I got a letter this morning of them with the following.

We've received your correspondence.

Thank you for contacting us. So we can help you reach a solution on your account,

Your request for documentation under the consumer credit act 1974 has been forwarded to our client.

this documentation will be sent to you as soon as we receive it.

Please also be advised that the above account has been place on hold whilst we wait for the documentation from our client.

Thank you for you time in looking at my post.

simply remind littlewoods you have already sent a compliant SAR

and the relevant fee.

and they

dunno whats a DP2?

dx

and they

Its a form that shop direct send out with lots of questions they ask u to fill out.

Tell them no or as dx said.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

It is a form asking me to fill out with question they already know the answers to. Account number/DOB/Address/

I have just sent them a letter reminding them i have sent the required amount.

And that there is no need for me to fill out

the DP2 form as they know all my information.