2nd hand car problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, New to the forum but here goes.

Bought 2nd hand car on finance, to use as private hire vehicle, from Dealer. Car had major engine problem two weeks later. Dealer arranged repair. Car broke down again a week later. Took it back to Dealer as it was no longer viable to use for business. Went to look at a replacement vehicle and was offered £500 off but the vehicle was too expensive still. Chose another one but needed wheels sorted etc. Asked for some money off but he was only prepared to tax and put some fuel in...the car I'd had to give back had been taxed and fuel in. I'd also lost earnings and money spent putting it through council testing. There were no other suitable vehicles. I was left with no vehicle and their refusal to cancel the finance agreement. Letters sent both to Dealer and Finance, phone calls made but no response. Cancelled Direct Debit and they were straight in with a letter informing me of the charges this would incur. My livelihood depends upon a fully working vehicle. We are in serious strife due to this but I can't seem to get a solution. Any ideas or advice would be welcome. Sorry to be rambling!

The finance co owns the vehicle and if dealer has taken it back as unfit for purpose, then you should get all of your money back and finance deal cancelled.

You need to speak to finance co and get them to sort out with dealer.

Do it all in writing/email, no telephone calls.