IND/Hagerty - ** Court Papers Issued MBNA card ** / ** WON WITH COSTS **

PGH7447
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Brig

No Notice of assignment ever

Robinson way - 7/12/08 - Our Client has authorised us to recover

Robinson way - 26/02/09 - contact Captial One re charges on the account - (sorry I thought that if you have bought it then you have also bought the liabilites)

Horwich Farrelly - 2/05/09 we have been instructed by the creditor

Robinson way - 19/01/10 - We are instructed by our client

Horwich Farrelly - 14/03/10 - we have been instructed by the creditor

Robinson way -28/03/10 - On behalf of the above company - Robinson Way headed letter

Robinson way - 7/10/10 - We are instructed by our client

Robinson way - 21/10/10 - This is a notice about your unpaid account hich is in our hands to collect

Robinson way - 11/02/11 - This is a notice about your unpaid account hich is in our hands to collect

Horwich Farrelly - 07/03/11 - we have been instructed by the creditor

Robinson way - 7/11/11 - this balance relates to your account with capital one

IND Ltd - 26/10/11 - the full amount owed by you under the agreement referred to above to Capital One bank was assigned to Robinson Way ltd with effect from 24/09/2009

From Capital One - today - as a result your account was sold to robinson way on 6 november 2008

--------

So how can I use this in the upcoming court case instigated by IND Ltd??

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the fact that RW have failed to state that they OWN

the debt and claim to be ''acting on behalf of'' a third party,

has been used to mislead you as to who you should be

communicating with regard to proof of the debt.

You have the written confirmation of the sale of the debt

by the OC IMHO this should all be part of your defence and

witness statement, it's very suspicious I think

Also this should be brought quickly to the notice of the OFT,

it breaches at least a couple of the Guidance notes quite significantly.

That's my take on it, if I saw this in court I know where my judgement

would be going.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

its defo going in the defence, and will report these sorry idiots to the oft tomorrow, I was going to state that the last company to threaten court were IND but the POC states Robinson way and their last letter stated all future correspondence to go to IND Ltd, So who the hell am I supposed to deal with, I think they dont have a clue as to what they are doing. all good fun

Double dealing, misleading unfair and incompetant:madgrin:

stick it to em:lol:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Update

Letter recieved from Hegarty's re CPR 31.14 request

They respond as follows:

This claim is likely to be allocated to the small claims track. As you are aware, CPR part 31 does not apply to small claims. In our view it would be illogical and contrary to the overiding objective for CPR Part 31 to apply between issue and allocation to the small claims track.

Notwithstanding the above your right todocuments under CPR31.14 (had that been applicable in this case) arises as soon as a document concerned is mentioned in either a staement of case, witness statement, witness summary or affidavit. The words "referred" to in the rule indicate that the right to inspect arises only once a specific reference to a document has been made. Where there is no more than an inference, as opposed to a specific reference to the existence of a document, we are not bound under CPR 31.14 to provide such a document.

Accordingley, we are not required to provide you with any of the documentation requested in your letter

The particulars set out in the claim form in this case provide you with sufficient information to respond to the claim. If you fail to do so within the time provided by the CPR, the claimant reserves the right to enter judgement by default without further notice.

Yours

blah blah blah.

So mention of the default notice and assignment in the POC is just an inference then - Unbelievable.

Err, what is the point of CPR rules then, they DO apply to small claims track - Heggs now need a report to the court about their lack of legal knowledge and abuse of process and a complaint to the SRA and Ministry of Justice.

Even more outpourings of incompetence from a seemingly uneducated 'legal' entity, LLP in their case means (as one poor phone monkey once told me - Limited legal practice....

Nope the claim is in the name of Robinson way

Neither possible nor lawful........ t**ds........... there's slip and there's contempt - I'm sure you can work out which side of the fence I'm sitting on :-)

Assume you reminded them of 31.21 & 31.23 with copy to CC?

Gez

Thinking of sending a CPR31.15 to hegarty's

Thoughts anyone

Won't do any harm and will put them under notice, I'd also be inclined to request extension by tel and e-mail/letter[under seperate cover]...... other than the obvious there's no logical reason to deny sight of docs.

At least if you follow usual protocol it offers the opportunity to apply for disclosure/extension/unless straight after Crimbo

Gez

Update

Letter recieved from Hegarty's re CPR 31.14 request

They respond as follows:

..............The words "referred" to in the rule indicate that the right to inspect arises only once a specific reference to a document has been made. ........

they are incorrect. the term re 'referred to' in cpr 31.14 only relates to 'instructions' in an experts report ie '..instructions referred to in an expert's report' re 35.10(4)!

Edited by Ford

well another reply from Hegarty's, this time with what the call the notice of assignment included, although this is just a copy of a letter that IND send me so what it has to do with Capital one and Robinson way I dont know, apparently they did not send it the first time because I asked for "The Assignment Document" not "the Notice of Assignment" how petty can you get.

Also no default notice so I must assument hat they do not have nor did they have it when they started the court proceedings, which I understand is if it is mentioned they must have a copy, but may be wrong on that score!!

So now time to put a defence together.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi GavBU28 - have you a thread I can look at?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?331995-Robinson-Way-capital-one-card-Court-papers%281-Viewing%29-nbsp

Sorry for the dealy in getting back to you.

I've noticed that Robinson way have basically ignored your request under CPR 31.14 - I'm just compiling mine, whats the next step if they refuse to provide the doc/docs?

Edited by GAVBU28

Do you mind me asking what are the particulars of your defence? I maybe doing the same in a week or so.

No problem if you want to keep it under wraps, I fully understand that.

sent you a PM and also updated your thread