Problems with Sky

Teddybear154
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been a customer of sky for over 5 years. Back In march I moved house. At the new house I moved to I could not put up a dish without planning permission as all planning rights had been removed from property. As getting planning permission was going to take many months I Contacted sky and asked them what I should do as did not want to pay out for a service I could not use. They were very unhelpful so in the end I emailed them and asked them to cancel my account with them completely. I was not in a contract with them, my contract had ended years before. I had a reply to my email that said I needed to phone them to cancel account. So I tried to phone and struggled to get through. When I did get through I was told I needed to put it in writing in order for account to be cancelled. So I wrote a letter to sky asking for my account to be cancelled. And sent another email. I had no reply to letter and the response I got to email was please phone to cancel account. I phoned again to be told I need to put it in writing. I sent several more letters asking for my account to be cancelled. I was told account had been cancelled but in April they charged me £60. I wrote several more times complaining and asking for account to be cancelled. But again in may they charged me £60 again. After more letters they continued to charge me in June, July & August. By August I had had enough and contacted my bank and had the direct debit cancelled so they could not take any more money. Sky did not like this and straight away started sending threatening letters. Now they have sent a debt collector after me and are demanding I pay another £60. As far as im concerned I owe them nothing. They are the ones who owe me money. They owe me over £300. I just don't know what to do to get them to listen. I am getting fed up with this debt collector who is now threatening to come to my house. What should I do. To cancel a account Should you put it in writing or do it by phone. Who is in the wrong me or sky. Am I entitled To my money back. Also how do I get this debt collector off my back. I don't want my credit rating effected by this. Does Any one know contact details of any one high up in the company that I can complain to.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks In advance

Hi there

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having with Sky. You should be able to cancel your account by telephone no problem at all. I don't understand why you have been told you have to put it in writing. This is rubbish.

I suggest you go onto Sky.com and right at the bottom you will see "contact us". There is a complaints section there. List all your problems and they will deal with it directly. This is the Customer Relations Team and they helped a lot with my father's complaint. It was sorted within 24 hours.

I hope this helps you.

Gemspan

Hi

There is another option.

jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com

the boss

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

When you say "they charged you" Do you mean they took payment by direct debit? Talk to your bank, get them to reverse these. If they refuse, reclaim the £300 through the courts, and also include that they have to call off the debt collectors. How did they inform you in April it was canceled? In writing would be nice.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 3 weeks later...

Hi At the bottom of any letters you may have from sky their should be an email address for the deputy marketing director. Email him with your concerns and state that this must go to escalations and complaints team. He personally will not respond but will forward your e-mail. I have done this myself and my complaint was delt with quickly and profesionally. Hope this is any help to you. Good luck!

• 5 months later...

thanks for your replies I am still having problems with sky I contacted Jeremy Darroch, And he just passed my complaint to some one from there executive support team. They were very rude and UN helpful. Accused me of never contacting them and won't even look at the copies of letters I sent that I have. And have told me in no uncertain terms that I will not get my money back as as far as they are concerned no refund is due. I have tried many times since to re contact them and have told them im not happy but they don't care and don't want to listen. Where do I go from here any thoughts. Is there some where else like a body or watch dog that I can file a complaint with or should I go straight to small claims court. Any advice much appreciated.

You have tried the polite approach, so now follow pre-action protocol. Send a LBA (read HERE) to them to this address

BRITISH SKY BROADCASTING GROUP PLC

GRANT WAY

ISLEWORTH

MIDDLESEX

TW7 5QD

then take court action to reclaim the £300. Be sure to have all letters and emails and times / dates of phone calls incase it does get infront of a judge.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

something does not sound right

the only time they would ask you to write in to cancel is if you are still within contract which can also include hd or multiroom

they will take cancellation notice via email no problem if you are outwith any contract terms.

Do you still have copies of the emails you originally sent? cause sky can trace these with any details.

If you are certain of your facts then follow locutus' advice

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

thanks for your reply's, I was Not in any contract when I had asked them to cancel. I entered in to a new contract just a few weeks after my daughter was born in February 2009 when I upgraded to sky HD. By March 2011 that would be 2 years and so definitely contract would have ended by then. I have copies of every letter I sent by post. And I have copies of some emails but not all. As to email them you have to fill in a webform on there website. hey don't readily give out email address. And If you contact them that way its hard to get a copy of message. Do you think I stand any chance of getting my money back.

thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to Problems with Sky