Sky Pending Cease.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I cancelled my sky subscription due to it costing me too much, I am trying to move to BT, (much cheaper).

However sky have put a pending cease on my line, when I cancelled sky I also cancelled the D/D, I received a bill from sky for -85p,

spoke to BT and gave them the MAC code, but sky are now wanting £95.00 to lift the pending cease.

Sky have explained that my services are due to be restricted due to non payment, but have also informed me that they will issue a refund for any overpayment on the account.

The problem being is that sky are denying any knowledge of the -85p bill ever being issued ( how convienent), so what do I do, bt have advised me to contact sky and tell them I am staying with them, and the pending cease will be lifted, but surely if I say I am saying it will bind me into a 12 month contract.

HELP HELP.

You say that your broadband is pending cease due to non-payment. BT can take over your broadband with the MAC code no problem at all. You will then have to pay Sky any underpayments you have.

I would contact BT immediately and tell them that you want them to use the MAC code to transfer you. The MAC only lasts 31 days though so you may have to phone Sky and ask for a new one if the time has run out.

Sky Broadband is much cheaper than BT. I don't understand why you weren't advised that it would be better for you to let the new provider take over the phone and broadband from their end. You appear to have had some bad advice here so it may be worthwhile complaining via Sky.com - contact us - complaints.

Gemspan

BT cannot take over your line if there is a cease on the line from sky

if you have just stopped paying rather than a full cancellation then they will need any blance paid and for the account to be reinstated so Bt can do a straight take over

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)