NN v Cap 1

Jane Austen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent first request 11 Sept.

LBA 21 Sept.

Letter received today as follows:

15 September 2006

Dear Mrs XXXXXX

Account No. XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about the fees we’ve added to your account. I understand you think these fees are unlawful and I’m sorry you feel this way.(Yeah right!)

To explain, we automatically add late payment fees if your payment is missed, arrives late or isn’t enough to cover your minimum payment. We’ll add overlimit fees if your balance goes over your agreed credit limit, which is £XXXX. (I am aware of my credit limit, thank you).

When we opened your account in July 2003, we sent you a credit card agreement which stated these fees. By signing and returning this to us, you agreed to the terms and conditions for the account.

As you’re probably aware, (too right I am)the Office of Fair Trading are not challenging the right of banks to charge default fees, but merely the level of those fees. Although we feel £20 is a just fee, we have reduced our charges to £12 so we are in line with our competitors.

I’ve reviewed your account and, as a matter of goodwill, I’d like to reduce the fees we’ve added to your account to £12. So I can do these refunds totalling £128, please sign and return the settlement form I’ve included. Once I get it back I’ll add these refunds to your account.

To avoid more fees, you need to make sure we receive your monthly payments on time. On your statement, you’ll find your payment due date and a date we recommend you make your payments by. Also, you need to make sure your balance doesn’t go over your credit limit. (Does he think I'm a naughty child who doesn't know the system?)

I hope I’ve explained things clearly and you’re happy with the steps I’ve taken. However, if you have any further questions, please write back to me within four weeks. My address is in the leaflet I’ve included, which also explains our complaints procedure. If I don’t hear from you, I’ll consider that you’re happy with my response and that your complaint is closed.

Yours sincerely

Robert Udy

Executive Office Manager

It is, I suppose quite a friendly and polite letter. I will, nevertheless be refusing this offer. I am only asking for £182 after all!!!!

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

• 2 months later...

Quick update.

I received and refused a 50% offer.

For various reasonscouldn't file claim until last week. It was issued on 27th November and they had until 16th December to reply.

Informed today they have acknowledged and intend to defend. Yeah right!!!!

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

Hi nnelson

Standard letter and response. Should get some comunication with them soon about settlement. Be prepared though, you never know.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers