British Gas Demanding Money I Dont Owe ****Resolved****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am asking this question on behalf of my in-laws, They recently moved supplier from BG to Eon, no problem with the move, just the final bill.

The final bill was generated and paid by cheque, this has been cashed and a copy is being sent to them by the bank, BG says they haven't received it and have sent the debt to their collection agency and now they are getting demanding phone calls to make the same payment again.

what can be done to stop the calls and demands for money not owed

had my SD Set aside thanks to CAG

won with lowells thanks to CAG

dont ask me though these are the people to help:D

Just phone BG.

Had a similar issue couple years back for an old property when we was charged for a period of time the property did not even have a gas meter. I had to ring them to get one fitted when we moved in.

Ended up with an apology and small amout of Compo - forget the DCA - just deal with BG.

BG so apologetic and are looking in to it over the next 2 days

wont hold my breath but will demand compo for my 80 year old inlaws

Yes, definitely bypass the DCA. Deal with the organ grinder and explain everything. Tell them you'll be stating your case in writing as well, unless it's resolved via your phone call. Also, if they do confirm that the money has been received, ask them (nicely) to confirm that in writing. Never phone a DCA. :)

Good luck!

H. x

• 2 weeks later...

well after getting the copy of the cheque from the bank to prove my ML had paid we finally have british gas saying how sorry they are and sending my ML a eco kettle

it will take 6 weeks,,,, funny you owe them they want it in 7 days they owe you it takes weeks

• 1 month later...

This reminded me of a situation with British Gas some years ago..

My Nan received a demanding letter from them, out of the blue, stating that my Nan owed them money and if she didn't pay up within 7 working days then legal action would be taken! :???:

The sum of money demanded was £0.00 (Yep, really £0.00), so my nan duly sent them a cheque for £0.00 and they cashed it :lol: (would have cost them to cash it as well, LOL).

Some weeks later, my nan received 2 letters from BG, 1 said thankyou for prompt payment of £0.00, while the other appologised for the mix up and contained a goodwill cheque for £10. :whoo: