Advice re Sending off for a replacement Licence

Fitty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a full UK Driving Licence but have not used it in over 10 years and have moved several times since the last time i drove or was on any insurance. I would like to renew the licence but cannot remember what my last address on the licence was. DVLA would most likely find this out but would i have to take a re-test as it's been so long since i have driven. Also not sure of the implications of not informing DVLA of the change of addresses. Can someone advice me please.

DVLA will not be aware you have moved several times as there will be no need to declare this. I'm not sure they even need to know your old address on the licence as they should find your records using your licence number (if you can remember it) and your date of birth.

Your full licence, once achieved, does not expire till you are 70yo whether you drive daily or once every decade, so no, you will not have to resit the test. It may be advisable your you to consider taking a few "refresher" lessons with an instructor if you are feeling nervous and they will help build your confidence.