Changing claim amount from Prelim to LBA

redsue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no problem bill-k and friends, you may as well play out in my thread rather than get chucked out of someone else's :D :D :D , its like I've never been away. Thanks for your good wishes guys :D.

Speaking of gorilla poo (as you do!) when I was small my mum and dad took us on holiday to france and we witnessed one monkey have a wee and another monkey scooping his hands underneath and drinking it - erruughh :shock:

Bill-k do you speak french per chance? :D

willowb - well done gal on your success - they really are as thick as two short planks - I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the judge throws their defence out now for the sheer stupidity of not filing an AQ.

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Guest willowb

Oooooh who's got their gorilla-knickers in a twist then? lol:p

willowb - well done gal on your success - they really are as thick as two short planks - I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the judge throws their defence out now for the sheer stupidity of not filing an AQ.

Well, it's a half success really:) .....we'll see!

Speaking of stupid, I have it on good authority that this is how their system works...

1. you send your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).....dept 1 deals with this.

2. you send your request....dept 2 deals with this....:rolleyes:

3. you send your LBA....again, efficient dept 2 deals with it.

4. you file a claim and dept 3 takes over LOL. But get this, Dept 3 doesn't have a clue what info dept 2 and 1 have been privvy to......so, they don't have spreadsheets or letters just a Court ref number and amount being claimed.

And to top it all.....depts 1 and 2 do not even cross check the spreadsheet info with your account............they just blindly accept it and it gets handed over and handed over until no one knows who the bu***y bo****s you are and what stage you are at!!!!

This has just been my experience and although I have this mostly concurred to with 'my source' lol, the rest of it is pure conjecture....well, it doesn't take much now does it?!!Colorz_Blue_PDT_17.gif

Wxxx

Well. not very happy at the minute. Recieved a General Form of Judgement or Order (N24) from the judge today giving NW until the 16th Jan to return their allocation questionnaire or their defence will be thrown out and then the judge will decide a figure for them to pay me? ehh? its pretty clear what I'm after.

How is that fair? they where supposed to return it on the 11th Dec :mad:

So a big huge financial organisation with lots and lots of staff can't be a**ed to return their AQ and little ole me gets it in on time :mad:

I'm going on holiday on the 13th for two weeks - if the judge bothered to read my AQ he could see that - grr - I feel as grumpy as a... as a.... gorilla!:(

Aaaw heck Redsue (my ears were burning, BTW) - that's a butt-pain innit ? Apparently, the defendant in a claim is given a certain leeway or precedence regarding deadlines, whereas the claimant is expected to keep to them. Bummer, I know, but it kinda makes sense, dunnit ? :mad:

Thanks gals, I'm away on holiday tomorrow for two whole weeks and I can't wait. I'm just a little concerned now that something may happen in my absence.

I have however entered the info in my AQ that I'm unavailable during this time so hopefully the judge will read it. I know I sound like my 5 year old - but it's not fair! :mad:

Bye for now - I'll raise a toast for all my pals whilst on foreign shores :D xxx

I know I'm leaving my thread in good hands, aren't I....?!?

you bet:p

bill? sarah? willow? redsue wants us to take care of her thread. Don't worry redsue we'll look after it.

have a great holiday!!

Have a great time redsue - we will "mind the shop" whilst you are away. There shouldn't be any more than around 3 pages of extraneous chit-chat to wade through by the time you get back, including, I hope, some of Bong's recipes including "fancy ways with carrots" (she says, hoping you have read the relevant thread in the Bear Garden)

Yeah, have a good break Redsue. Like they say, we'll mind the shop !! I'll add to Bong's recipes with "1001 things to do with bananas" of course. ;-)

That's if they'll let me out of my compound, now. I hear they're threatening to put up a Jurassic Park electric fence. Spoilsports. :mad:

Send us a card,

Bill.

Posts that have gone off topic have been removed from this thread

We don't want to spoil anyones fun but can you please keep it to the Bear garden , thanks

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, back from a glorious two weeks holiday.

Just before we left we recieved a the following, dated 8 January 2007 :

N24 General Form of Judgement

...Upon the courts own motion. The Court has made an order of its own initiative without a hearing. If you object to the order, you must make an application to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of receiving it.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

Unless the defendant file their allocation questionnaire by the 16th January 2007 their defence be struck out and the claimant be at liberty to enter judgement for an amount to be decided by the court plus costs.

Dated 13 December 2006

And guess what they filed it on the 12th January, over a month late from the original date given by the judge :confused:

So it is now with the judge for allocation. I'm now going to send them a copy of my allocation questionnaire and a response to defence (which the court has) along with another letter requesting them to settle before it goes to court, cos I'm such a reasonable girl.

Hi & welcome back, Redsue. Looks like things are progressing OK. I'm afraid your thread got invaded by the "brat pack" while you were away, and the party got chucked off to here:-

Posts that have gone off topic have been removed from this thread

We don't want to spoil anyones fun but can you please keep it to the Bear garden , thanks

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/59079-those-disappeared-posts.html

:lol:

Guest willowb

They did that with me also, and so has Barclaycard. It seems that the Courts are very lenient with Defendent's submitting papers on time!

Glad you had a good holiday Sue, good to see you back.

Wxxx

thanks guys for minding my thread I see mjanet came along and tided up tho.

Just taking a breather before the next round.

Tomorrow I'm going to send them a copy of the allocation questionnaire and my reply to the defence as I have a horrible feeling I should have done that already - however, they haven't sent me a copy of there's yet.

Hi Sue, I'm glad you had a good holiday.

I'm watching your thread as well!

At least having a few of us in the same boat means we can support each other!

I questioned the court clerk as to why I didn't have to fill in an AQ and she told me the judge must have decided it wasn't needed. He just allocated to the small claims court!

My hearing is set for 9th March 2 p.m, so if woolieback land is anywhere near Worcester any company would be gratefully received!!

In a recent email, Mr Bacon declined my offer to settle, so court proceedings continue!

I am just in the process of getting my court bundle together. I would dearly love to be able to claim for paper and ink cartridges!!

Mandy :)

Can you link your thread? I'm interested as to why Mr Bacon didn't accept a settlement....hummmm

Wxxx

This may be it ...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/54166-taylors-nationwide-3rd-time.html

:)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

Hi Sue, I'm glad you had a good holiday.

I'm watching your thread as well!

At least having a few of us in the same boat means we can support each other!

I questioned the court clerk as to why I didn't have to fill in an AQ and she told me the judge must have decided it wasn't needed. He just allocated to the small claims court!

My hearing is set for 9th March 2 p.m, so if woolieback land is anywhere near Worcester any company would be gratefully received!!

In a recent email, Mr Bacon declined my offer to settle, so court proceedings continue!

I am just in the process of getting my court bundle together. I would dearly love to be able to claim for paper and ink cartridges!!

Mandy :)

Mandy

I have sent my court bundle in so they receive it today 31st Jan (exactly 14 days before the trial date), sort of hoping it catches them unaware and they have to rush to get theirs in on time. My date is 14 Feb for my additional interest and like you, they rejected my 75% offer (plus £100 allocation cost) saying "Nationwide does not consider that any further sums are payable to you. Your offer is not, therefore, acceptable." makes me laugh every time I read it.

My court is Berwick Magistrates court (I guess they have a county court too), it has been assigned to the small claim track anyway.

I plan on phoning them tomorrow just to see if they have sent in the bundle.

Quite good that it is the 14th Feb (old romantic that I am - although don't know if we will manage to leave our 2 year old with Granma though, he may have to play gooseberry) as me and Mrs Debt Mountain are thinking of making night of it and staying away for the night and have a nice slap up meal and quiet hotel (ideally with a further £1000 of our money being refunded).

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here