Capital Finance One £145 unauthorised debit card payment!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

about 18months ago I had a loan with these sharks and on Friday they have taken £145 from my account!

Not only I have not authorised this payment, but I have not heard from them since I had this loan (I did default on it but have never had a repayment plan set up as they just completely ignored me!).

I logged onto my bank this morning and found that they had taken this money but it is currently a pending transaction and my bank natwest can't/won't do anything about it until the transaction actually appears on my account.

I received no email/phone call or letter from them warning me that they were going to attempt to take this money and I just wondered if I had a leg to stand on by reporting them and trying to get my money back?

Obviously my card has now been stopped and a new one issued, and I know I should know better than to get a PDL BUT I had no recollection of this debit or a warning so how could I know!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

i have since found out that they took two payments!

1 x £45.00

1 x £145.00

I have just had a lovely row with them and they said that because I owed them some money from 2009 they put my debit card details onto my old loan and took the money!

Now where they got my details from I have no idea!

He also confirmed that a payment of £5 was taken and NOT £45 and apparently I have that wrong!

So basically what they have done is tried their luck taking a so called £5 when it was in fact £45 and then another £145!

I have spoken to my bank and stopped my card and reported this as fraud.

I have checked certain rules and it seems they should have given me 28 days notice before taking payment.

I have received no phone calls or letters from this company - can they just help themselves and leave people out of pocket without even discussing it first?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I now want to report this lot but don't want to seem like an idiot for wasting my time!

Thanks

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When the pending transaction has "cleared", instruct your bank to do a chargeback if you havent already.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thanks for the link - will take a look

Do NatWest do chargebacks? They don't seem to be very helpful and had to report it as fraud and they will refund me by 6pm tonight but if I do not return the forms they are sending me within 10 days they will debit the account.

Not sure how long this all takes though :(

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...