PCN issued outside garage; car parked by recovery driver

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I got a PCN after my car was left in a restricted zone by the recovery vehicle driver who had taken it to the garage for repair. I don't know if I can get the name of the guy who left my car there, or whether he is technically responsible, but as it wasn't me who parked it I am hoping I have some grounds for appeal.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

H

Well it's actually the RK (who is normally the owner) who is responsible. It happened to me a few years ago when I got the garage to provide me with a copy of the work ticket to send in to appeal and it was cancelled. However should that fail in your case, I would expect the garage to reduce your bill to the value of the PCN. Have you discussed it with them?

Hi all

Thanks for all of the responses - I am at the NtO stage now as I did appeal explaining what had happened but they weren't going to play ball unfortunately.

The guy who runs the garage is a friend, he did his best to stave off the CEO and he put a note in the windscreen of the car too, but there was nothing else he could do so I can't really expect him to reduce the bill. I think the guy who dumped it on the street has probably got more blame than anyone, but I can't realistically chase him either.

Is it worth making a representation based on extenuating circumstances (i.e. the car couldn't move under its own power, I had no way of knowing it had been parked illegally, there was nowhere else for it to go at the time anyway, and it was not causing an obstruction etc) or would appealing to their sense of fair play be a waste of time??? Otherwise, as it looks like I don't have a leg to stand on legally I guess I'm stuck with it...