DW Sports Fitness Demanding Money

chrissarah1988
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All hot air. This will not go to a court. I'd personally call their bluff, tell them you welcome court action as it will give you a legal "final outcome" and you look forward to seeing them there. Your friend is 100% correct, there is even a letter in the templates library that you can print out and hand to any "doorstop collection agents" (aka thugs) telling them they are in tort of trespass, and to vacate your property or the police will be called.

BTW they would have a hard time justifying a solicitors fee in a small claim even if (by some miracle) it did end up before a judge, so at worst it would be around £35 added

Wait for Slick to reply, I'm sure you'll get a gem of a letter to send to them, although I doubt they will have the required IQ to digest it's contents fully.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I agree with Locutus entirely.

Letter to Trevor Munn:-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to the continuing demands received form ARC and yourselves in respect of an alleged debt owed to DW Sports Gym. [i am expecting a baby soon/I have only recently given birth[/color] and the continuing demands are causing me unnecessary stress. I consider this to be harassment and I will not allow it to continue.

I have made my position very clear already, namely that :-

1. I suffered an injury around xxdate which my doctor said prevented me from further use of the gym.

2. I wrote to the gym on xxdate confirming this and cancelled the membership. I also cancelled the DD mandate.

3. After repeated demands from ARC, I sent the gym a copy of the medical proof. ARC still maintain I sent no cancellation letter, effectively accusing me of lying. However, I am well-aware of just how many such letters gyms and their admin companies apparently "lose".

4. Despite repeated requests, neither ARC nor DW Sports have supplied me with a copy of a valid contract signed by me when I started to use the gym.

I will now confirm what further action I will take if this harassment continues :-

I will write to the OFT to complain about the tactics used by ARC to harass me into paying money I do not owe.

I will make a formal complaint to the OFT and the SRA about the actions of Trevor Munn in demanding monies and threatening me with court action without proper cause.

If you still believe I owe money to the gym, please take me to court without further delay. This will give me the opportunity to defend the claim vigorously and to expose the bullying and harassing tactics used by the gym, ARC and Trevor Munn.

I await your considered response and, if I do not hear from you within 7 days, I shall assume you agree there is no actionable case against me.

Kindly advise ARC not to communicate with me further.

Yours faithfully,

If you need to correct any dates or other detail to make my suggested letter more accurate, do so and then fire it off to Trev !!

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Just to add, Trevor Munn will not want a complaint to go to the SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority) as they are the complaints side of the law society. Hopefully this will be the last you hear from them, if not, obviously come back and Slick will give you advice which will make you a bigger thorn in their sides than they are to you. (mainly because you are not all bluff and hot air)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 1 month later...

Knowing these jokers, it may just mean they can't find your file or they've lost your address. :wink:

Keep ya fingers crossed !!

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 months later...

Hi Chrissarah,

In your case, no news is certainly GOOD NEWS !!

Let's hope the silence continues.