Log Book Loans Urgent Help Needed !!

brows
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, my ex girlfriend took a £600 loan out on her £10k car about 12-14 months ago. Since then we have split up and as a result money became tight etc etc, the charges built and built and she/we were unable to keep up with repayments. Saying that she/we have paid off the entire loan + interest amount and are now left with £580 of charges, they are due to phone me today as i had promised them the entire amount today or the bailiffs would be called in without further notice. I have tried to "reason" with them but unfortunately the word is not in the LBL customer care manual 2006 edition. I need to deliver by e mail today something that is going to hopefully stop them in there tracks and give me some time to sort this mess out.

any advice would be seriously appreciated

and please no "read the faqs" etc etc !!, no time for that !

These charges, are they all penalty charges that they have added on for late payments etc? If so, I don't see any reason why you can't challenge them in the same way others have challenegd the banks over their unfair penalties. It might be a good idea to write to them first of all to inform them you are disputing the account and that you want a subject access request to obtain all the information they have on you, including a breakdown of all the charges they have added to the account. I think that would be a good starting place.

would love to rob but the thing is they are still stating in no uncertain terms that they will send the bailiffs round to seize the car if i dont pay up! if i start strongly disputing charges they could disagree and be prompted to just turn up out of the blue and take our car !. I have since agreed to pay £125 per month for 4 months, once the loan has been paid off then i will pursue them for the charges

hi this is exactly what they did to me, when i rang to try and get charges reduced was basically told that they would then possess car as they said it would belong to them, i had ,had car clamped before.... charged £300 to remove plus outstanding amount only given till 12 noon to pay else car was going to be took away and charged for storage on top was worried sick so ended up paying charges of £512 please note also each week went by they added a further charge of £6 (interest i think )currently going to court to fight for charges back my advice hide car and fight"""use all the info in forum and get letters into them and commence proceding you already now how much in charges so you can start with the letter before action. good luck