Successful Claims

blueskies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been paid the full amount of charges claimed, £4216. Thread is here -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/55619-thecornflake-natwest-finally.html

Can someone change my thread title? Thanks!

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Can someone please move my (very small) threads as they have now all been settled with only one recourse to MCOL.

Nat West

and

Halifax

Cheers for now

• Haha 1

Nat West - £1321 SETTLED IN FULL!

Nat West CC - £150 SETTLED IN FULL!

Halifax - £30 SETTLED IN FULL!

Halifax Joint Account - £496 SETTLED IN FULL!

Halifax CC - £150 SETTLED IN FULL!

Halifax Wife's Petrol Account - £118 SETTLED IN FULL!

Judging by the number of people who have posted wins on this site I feel encouraged to proceed with my claim lodged with the Small Claims Court against Nat West on 21st March for just over £4700.

Has anyone had success through this avenue and, if so, how long between lodging the claim and settlement has it taken?

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Hi

sent off my preliminary letter waited 20 days and was ready to send my letter before action letter when on the day i was going to post it i recieved a letter saying the usual b**ls**t about how there charges are fair etc but as a goodwill gesture would offer me £1186 which i thought was great as i was only claiming £1108 so am accepting this without hesitation

Would like to thank all off you for help and guidence with this and goodluck to you all with claims still going on

leonsport-smiley-001.gif

user_online.gif [email=abuse@moneysavingexpert.com?subject=Reporting post http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=4687579]report.gif[/email] [/url]

Hi all,

I havent actually posted on this forum as yet, this is my first, but I wanted to give you all some good news.

I started the process of reclaiming my charges with Natwest in January, that was requesting statements. They arrived and I dilly dallied for a few weeks before I actually sent off my request for charges back....working hard;-)

I sent a letter requesting my charges back on 5th March, I today received the usual latter explaining their charges are correct and acceptable....BUT....as a "gesture of goodwill" they were to offer me just over £1100....I was only claiming around £1200 or so....so I am snapping their hands off!

Everybody who is in the process, take heart from this, you will succeed.

I actually sent the letter to my branch and not the usual address, probably why it took an extra week or so, but it worked.

Best of luck everybody

It's crazy how they seem to settle some large claims (much larger than mine) without going as far as they are going with me. I'm confident that I will get my money back, but I have really had to go the whole way with them sending their CPR18 requests, and me writing to the court to say that I found their tactics intimidatory etc. Oh well. ;)

Hi kduques,

I understand your frustration, mine wasnt really a large claim though, that is why I think it was settled rather quickly. I have seen other claims on here for around £4500, quite a bit larger than my claim.

How much is your claim for out of interest, if you dont mind me asking?

Best of luck anyway.

I must add that I have only sent the acception form off on Saturday, but as of yet, no reclaim has hit my account.

Anyone else who has won, were you paid directly into your account or sent a cheque?

Cheers

Simon

I don't know if this is going into the right area, but I would like to tell everyone that after sending out two 'preliminary letters' Natwest have transferred the monies claimed directly into my account.

I shall be making a donation to the forum to help them keep up the good work!

Well done Mentor.

Can I ask how long it took between the letters being sent out and the money being paid back to you?

PPMAN159

The first letter was sent on the 9th February 2007 and the 'LBA' was sent on the 22nd feb 2007.

And the claim was settled on 30th March 2007.

I have to say, that I did think I was going to have to through the courts, but the bank didn't force me to go that far in the end.

My experience of doing this was relatively smooth and the bank were very co-operative all along the line (so 9 out 0f 10 to them).

But I did make a couple of early mistakes about getting statements etc and I would recommend everyone to read the FAq's before embarking on a reclaim of charges.

I have another account with Natwest and intend to reclaim charges on that. Should I start from scratch again, or just go back to the bank contact and ask for overcharges to be refunded on my second account and is it easier the second-time around?

Hi everyone, i dont have my own thread, but just to let you all know my court date was 24.04.07, and i have just received a cheque for the full amount £2675.18! very chuffed! keep going everyone, you will get there in the end!

just the basic charges, when i started my claim i was going alone and not aware of this fantastic site so i was unsure how to calculate the interest. i will let them have that, i am just pleased that i have got the charges back. thanks for all your support :D

My mother in law, has been with NatWest since 1969, i have now encouraged her to goi for the kill.

her original DPA letter has been sent asking for statements back to the account incpetion to date.

I am awaiting the Artic Lorry coming with all of the statement, she estimate's that she's looking at at least a 5 figure sum that they owe her.!!!

I'm just looking forward to my present once we get the money back..!!!

I'LL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED JUST TO SEE IF THEY GO BACK THAT FAR, MY FEELING IS THAT THEY WON'T, HOWEVER, IF NOT THEN WE WILL GO INTO THE BRANCH AND DEMAND.....

I JUST CHANGED THE ORIGINAL DPA LETTER EVER SO SLIGHTLY, AND INCLUDED THE DATE OF THE ACCOUNT OPENING.

LETS WAIT AND SEE

Only problem here is that under the Data Protection Act Nat West are only obliged to provide the last 6 years worth of statements so asking for them as far back as 1969 would be a non starter in my view.

PPMAN159

Hi

Just to let all those who are currently reclaiming their unfair bank charges from Natwest. STICK WITH IT - I have just received a cheque yesterday for £3956.00.:)

Definitely well worth the fight!!!!

Hi I have written 2 letters to Natwest as i have maid a claim for £2000. They havent replied at all. Is this normal?

Also i owe them about £5000 in loans and cards but no longer use this bank account. I havent closed the account but my debt management company now pay them my debt monthly (in which they agreed this). So basically i dont want them paying any refunded bank charges into my account as it wont benefit me in anyway. I have requested a check?

Hi

I am just about to send my LBA to Nat West (my claim being £2,177), but I also have a loan with them of about £1,400 left owing, I haven't heard anything yet but wonder if they will clear the loan and then send me the balance??

Sorry to hijak thread, but i am also on a debt management plan but haven't included my Nat West account - so my question is should i contact my debt management company before taking on Lloyds who i have an accoutn with but they are under the debt management plan??

No they wont take the balance of the loan and send you the rest. They will just send you a cheque for the full amount. As for the management plan I cant help you there sorry as I have no experience of them

Hi Everyone, I have recieved a cheque today from Natwest for £3542.53 which includes £2688.81 in charges and the interest that they charged me, (I also included the monthly advantage gold charges claiming that the only reason I ever had my account upgraded was because of the overdraft extension that I needed to pay for these charges and that Natwest advised me the interest on that type of account was preferential) and £633.72 in interest for the at the usual 8% interest rate. I'm tempted to hold out for the interest at 29.5% (to reflect the interest rate that Natwest would have applied to my account if I had borrowed this money from them), but maybe i should play it safe and take the money lol.

If anyone wants any help with their claims, please feel free to contact me at and I will do what I can.

Take care, Dan

Hi folks - for your encouragement ......

We wrote our first letter to Natwest claiming £3,700 refund of bank charges. Heard nothing for 4 weeks, so wrote again threatening court action. Today, seven weeks after our first letter, the bank wrote offering to repay £3,110 to our account. We were about to start court action, and had actually filled in the court small claims forms online. Bit of a joke, though, as they claimed the refund was "a gesture of goodwill". Also had success with Clydesdale and managed to reclaim £120 from them. The banks obviously realise they don't have a leg to stand on. Be encouraged all you folk out there who are wondering if this will work. We used the examplar letters on this site - excellent material - it works. Mark