Multiple Defaults Showing on Credit Record

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I checked my credit report today and found I have some defaults registered on it. My initial question is they're almost 6 years old so do they just disappear at default date + 6 years?

The defaults aren't from the original bank and I've not acknowledged any debt nor made any payments in well over 6 years. If they just fall off after 6 years I'm prepared to wait as it's not long now until that happens. (Whereupon I'll have a nice sparkly clear record to go with my sparkly 'clean' life lol)

Any help or experience will be greatly appreciated.

all markers will go on their 6th birthday

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That was quick!

Thanks, it's not that long until that date and I don't need credit for anything (it was getting easy credit that helped me stay in the mess I got myself into in the first place!), I'm guessing that post 6 years should I get anything at all I can tell them it's also statute barred? (I've not paid or acknowledged for way way over 6 years now.)

Thanks again.

yes

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

Hi There.

Just a quick update to the above, one of my defaults came up to their 6 year period in the last week. The account is still showing in my history and the update date from the company is still early November. Should I just wait until they next update it and see if it falls off? I've still got one 'official' default left but that's not got that long to run at the minute.

I'm worrying that they won't fall off and I'll have more years of crap credit. (Not that I want any credit!)

give it a week the check, if its not gone, ask the cra why!

dx

and they

Thanks again DX. Incidentally, I've now checked on both equifax and experian and they're both clean as a whistle. I've actually got an excellent rating from equifax! :o)

I wouldn't have got here without some help and assistance from you guys.

congrats with your clean credit files. Mine is almost there

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀

Well done @liquidauctions. It feels good doesn't it! I'm most impressed my score on equifax was excellent and my score on experian was only 'fair' because I still have two credit cards that I've run at 90% of their limit for a long time. My total debt to salary ratio is only 16%. What I was going to do was apply for either a new card or a loan and get these paid off but what I now know I should do is budget myself better, ask the two companies if they would lower their interest rates and get them paid off. After having horrific credit history I'm really pleased to be classed good now. I'm not going to get any new credit until I'm all clear either.

@dx

I'm really pleased to report my oldest default has fallen off my record. One more to go (on one agency only) and I'll have a glowing history. Shame I've learned my lesson and don't actually want credit any more!

Thank you very much for all your help. You really have calmed my nerves and made me feel less insane at times.

thats what we are here for

dx

• Confused 1

and they