Need a FREE safe Zip programme

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi techie bods!!

I have a Zip file, (password protected and I have the password) for which I need a programme to run it on.

Did have trial version of Win Zip but the free part has long expired.

Is there a free safe programme that I can download?

Running on Windows XP.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

7zip is free and pretty nice :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Big thank you Locutus x

Got a great CD to listen to......again!

It's a phone call application for a loan with PPI slapped on, and no PPI advice given to us!

Going to get a transcript so that I can make sure of the facts before getting it off to the FOS for mis-selling!!

Will give 7zip a go.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

WinRAR is not free though, you get a 40 day trial. 7zip is comprelely free and handles password protected .zip and .rar files perfectly well. Although I prefer the integration of WinZip and WinRAR, us cheapskates find as a free alternative 7zip is perfect :)

7zip has 1 major limitation though, you canot just double click a .zip or .rar file to open it, you need to right click and "open with 7zip" OR open 7zip and navigate to the compressed file.

Edited by locutus

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I have had Winrar installed for 3 years. It says 40 day free trial, but every time you use it you just need to click on close when it gives you the option to buy online etc. A bit silly I know, but works all the same. I have yet to have something pop up and tell me my trial has expired. And that goes for all the computers I have installed it on.

Strange:|.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

• 3 weeks later...