No electricity bill sent to flat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have recently moved out of a shared flat and have been asked by our estate agents to produce a copy of all utility bills to reclaim the deposit. Throughout this time we were paying a monthly direct deposit to NPower for what we were under the impression was duel gas and electricity. It turns out that this was only for gas and that for the 10 months we were in the flat we had never received an electricity bill. After calling up Npower, E-on, British gas and every other electricity companies I could think of and being told that none of them supplied the electricity, I contacted the local electricity distribution board who stated that it was NPower who supplied our electricity and gave us a supplier number. I then recalled NPower and gave them this number which they said referred to the original gas account. After contacting the distribution board again, NPower reluctantly agreed that it was them who supplied our electricity and simply stated they would draw up a bill. We have just received a very rude call from NPower demanding immediate payment of nearly £500 and we have yet to have an actual bill from them!! We are willing to pay for the electricity we used but think it is very inconsiderate of them to demand it straight away when they have taken a year for them to admit they supply the electricity! Does anyone know if the company would have to provide some kind of payment plan (as it was their mistake) and who we can complain to about this??

Thanks for the help!