me and oh vs rbos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After looking at old bank statements I can see a series of rbos loans over the years. So SAR sent on 22nd-they have it but nothing from them as yet and cheque uncashed either a delaying tactic or they have so much work its on the bottom of a pile somewhere.

Asked for loan and card info so will see what turns up, am hoping they have kept all the info as we are existing customers with several live accounts-not loans tho.

Playing the waiting game lol-meanwhile looking at every other account (card or loan) I can trace.

Ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

Thats what I thought tbh i won't expect a reply until end of sept and if its sooner then great.

Ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

• 3 weeks later...

Argghh letter over the weekend asking for OH's signature for the SAR. Stupid really as we have a mortgage and current account with them here at this address lol.

Can't see they need the signature for any dodgy stuff as they clearly hold both our signatures on the various documents we have signed for them over the years.

Reckon its just a delaying tatic to get the file off someones desk.

Ali x

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

• 2 weeks later...

Ok further update they ae saying they can't trace a credit card in OH name-no mention of the loans?

They ask for further info and waffle on about not keeping data longer than 6 years.My understanding is that they can keep the info as long as its relavent-surely having a current financial link-current account and mortgage with them would make it likely the info hasn't been destroyed.

ali x

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

• 1 month later...

Ok so sent further info-managed to trace a few bits of paperwork so could quote a ref for Oh's card, also pointed out no response to rest of SAR. It's now been a month since that letter went off and still nothing. Reminder done for SAR's and am preparing a complaint to the ICO to see if that focusses them.

Decided on my card as the info I had allowed me to work out approx dates for the PPI, as well as work out an average figure-based on the balance which I was around the whole period, that I would do a speculative claim anyway whilst they sort out if they can trace any further info. The figure seems a bit high at over 20k, but if they came back and made some kind of "goodwill" gesture anywhere in the ballpark I will be happy with that.

Considering a claim for the mortgage insurance with them as well, when looking through the original docs I remebered asking about this, they had automatically quoted us for the MPP and contents/buildings insurance. I asked if we could go elsewhere for these and I was told yes for the house insurance no for ther MPP and I have some evidence for this as they still listed the house insurance on the final mortgage docs and I amended the contract as per my solicitor to remove it before signing-we then had to provide a copy of the contents/building insurance we took out. Clearly had we been informed that the MPP could be taken elsewhere I would have shopped around and done it.

Ali x

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

Got old credit reports and some letters which is how I got the card number, know the rough dates and the balance. But definately a good tip if someone has no info at all.

Will post an update when they get back to me, I suspect they will "suddenly" find the paperwork lol.

Ali x

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

• 3 weeks later...

OK well no response on either OH's credit card or mine they maintain no trace even when we provided card numbers so have done a speculative claim for mine based on info we had, they acknowledged it within a a few days so we will see. Still doing the calcs for OH's card so will send that off shortly.

Finally got somehting back from the SAR though-they waived the £10 fee as they had taken so long-they sent the cheque back.

They sent the most recent loan's agreement and statement, plus what appears to be the useful sheet which is a list of "all sucessful application with PPI" and lists the basic info on all the loans and the PPI amounts. Strangely 2 in the middle list zero ppi premiums, but I find that hard to believe so may query that-unless they carried PPI over from earlier loans?

Currently bogged down in BH calcs so will get to this later.

ali x

Ali x

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

• 3 months later...

Still waiting on the loans and credit cards, but I did find in amongst some old bank statements one single sheet from 2002 where it listed overdraft protection.

I know we only had this for a short period, so chased up the figures with RBS and banged in a claim. They settled with the full FOS offer and I am awaiting the payment :).

This is the second RBS settlement I have had this week. Does this mean they are just rolling over on these?

Ali x

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

• 2 months later...

OK well had an offer, but only on 5 of the loans not the full 7 and they don't seem to have allowed for any rollover of PPI from loan to loan. They mention the loans "chaining" together in the letter but don't breakdown the amounts in the calculation and it seems far too low to have included the extra.

I used the recommend way of working the amounts out as per the notes on here and get much higher figures than theirs. Anyone any ideas?

Trouble is they didn't provide all the info for the SAR so its difficult to check. Any thoughts would be welcome please.

Ali x

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

They've done exactly the same with me; completely ignored the fact that when a loan is paid off early by a subsequent loan, the PPI element of loan 1 gets rolled into loan 2 (and so you carry on paying interest on it).

I calculated roughly £3k and they offered me £1.8k. I asked them to justify it and they stuck to their guns so I complained to the FOS and got a letter today from them saying RBS were going to make me another offer. Will be interesting to see if they up it or try the same trick!

I will update my thread when there are developments:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?309931-Natwest-making-life-difficult/page3

I tried phoning about this and got some women who was extremely unhelpful and despite the fact thatall the loans were joint, the fact we are married and have a joint account and mort with RBS she insisted OH was the first name on the policy and she couldn't discuss it with me. We even offered for OH to confirm over the phone permission to speak to me but she refused.

TBH OH doesn't really follow all the calculations thats my side of things so he had trouble speaking to her over the phone. He had been holding the baby in the other room so I could speak so of course she started crying and it was difficult to have a 3 way conversation. In the end we gave up and I will do things in writing. He did manage to confirm a letter regarding the 2 other loans in on the way so will see what that says before I send my letter.

Ali x

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

• 4 weeks later...

Well did a letter rejecting the offers as too low and ask them to reconsider. Will see what they say.

Ali x

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

• 1 month later...

OK letter today with their "calculations". They seem to have done an amount for overpayment on residual amount of PPI and I can see how the FOS may well accept their position that this covers the guidence. Seems to be the way to work out the lowest amounts they can and they assume only PPI from one loan into the next-none contiuing to roll over loan to loan so they assume settlement will always cover the PPI.

There are 2 other loans (earlier ones)they claim they have no details for at all.

The bit that annoys me really is that I did a SAR intially and they reckon they sent me all they held on these loans and there were no statements or anything regarding rebates or settlements, yet suddenly for PPI purposes they have a load of figures.

OH is tempted just to accept and take the 5k cheque as he is the middle of starting up self employed and the money could really help us with that and I suspect if we go to the FOS they will just accept what the bank say.

We have got quite a few other claims on the go and there is a fair few with the FOS already and some are almost a year on from the start and I guess he is getting a bit sick of waiting.

Can't see any threads where RBS/natwest were forced higher by the FOS on rollover loans and not many won in court.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Ali x

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

Ok rang and had a chat to someone at the FOS and the general line seems to be as long as the bank can justify the figures and state they fit within the guidelines the FOS will accept the figures the bank provide.

To gain the higher amount I reckon we would have to go to court and OH is really not keen to do that, so with regret we have decided to accept their offer.

However there are 2 earlier loans they say they have no info on and can't do any calculations for, and I intend to pursue them. Think I will start with the failed SAR letter. I have the bank statements from this period and can confirm the amount borrowed from them as well as the monthly payments, so they should be able to use those to at least work out some kind of goodwill payment.

Ali x

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS