Reimbursment of Parking Fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can anybody clarify:

I work for a company that pays us back any job related expenses that we incur.

We have to submit these claims to a third party over the internet.

I sometimes do not have the time to do this at the end of a long day.

The Area manager is now refusing to pay for stuff i have put in that is older than one month. :mad2:

Oldest is about 3 months.

Are they legally allowed to refuse reimbursement of expenses incurred thru job related issues.

any assistance appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you use Global Expense?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Do you use Global Expense?

Wow SW, what is that some kind of expense computer program?

Anyway, literally just taught an Employment Law class (to Spanish speakers so no great depth) but my SIMPLISTIC powerpoint slide on implied obligations of ER - EE - (thus 'more or less in' every employment contract assuming you're an EE) includes::

The ER's responsibility to indemnify ee's for expenses + costs, "...necessarily incurred in the course of employment."

Thus if these expenses are within this definition you are (basically) entitled as a right to this money. And as this is a contractual issue we do not have 3 month time limits to concern us?

Both the above posters are right in what they ask, "What does your contract say? Is there a company policy in regard to this?' a,d whatever 'Global Expense is' is most probably relevant as SW is no fool.

Look, let's forget the law for a minute:

1) Do you like the job and wanna keep it?

2) Do you need the money i.e. could you risk a big fight that sees you out of work for a while?

3) How long have you worked there?

Come back with these answers, please

Che

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

(fyi Sidewinder Global expense is a third party company that handles expenses etc for companies. another task that the finance bods don't have to deal with)

Yes I do use global expense.

and i have expense claims with in my contract.

Have been using GE for several years now.

But all of a sudden the company insists that the claims are done within a month or it doesn't get paid.

Have been with company for approx 7-8 years now.

what I realy need to know is can they refuse to pay - not good for moral

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only reason I asked about Global Expense is that we use them too and the 28 day thing rang a bell. We were recently told that we can't submit receipts which were older than 28 days. I haven't seen any document which supports this as I have never needed to - I do my expenses weekly as it ties in with various other bits of work that I have to do each week and I don't like being that much out of pocket!

Che - GE operate a website based system where you enter details of all your business expenses and it generates a claim to the employer. GE collate all the receipts etc and reclaim the VAT and it avoids the employer having to deal with thousands of bits of paper.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

No - still can't find a reference which states that claims MUST be made within 28 days other than as a matter of policy - it seems to be pretty common that companies require claims to be made within 28 days, so I am wondering whether this is a part of T&Cs which is more to do with financial reporting for the organisation concerned than for any legal reason? Most businesses have specific Month End dates, so perhaps expenses need to be claimed no more than four weekly so that an employee submitting three months worth at once doesn't skew the accounts for that month - I know my former employer used to go berserk at me for doing just that and that was the reason that he gave.

Similarly, most companies will insist that all claims are made by their Year End date so that accounts can be accurately finalised for the financial year, so I am sure that the whole 28 day thing is to do with financial reporting.

DONATE HERE

and i have expense claims with in [sic] my contract.

what I realy [sic] need to know is can they refuse to pay

No it would appear that an express term of your contract is that you should be reimbursed for expenses that you incurred as this has been (presumably) happening for the last 7 years and at common law such a term would at the very least have to extend to recompense of expenses "...necessarily incurred in the course of employment."

Do you reckon such terms can be limited by a 28 day time limit within which you can make the claim? It would seem unlikely to me but something you might have to consider on a case by case basis.

Che

Edited by elche
Interupted by Proffesor Porkington - cheaky pig

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]