Tmobile identity theft, Please Help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi my name is shey I received a call today from some credit company saying I'm here to collect debt from t-mobile. I got suprised because my account was just paid for this month. So she ask my info who I am, my ss# and ask if I used to lived with some address I dnt even know about. Now she said this recorded such and such and telling me you owe something and how would you like to pay it. I said what did I owe and I have no other account except the one I have right now. Well she keeps saying it's you and you have to pay for it. How do I pay for something I don't even know about and how can I dispute this credit? Please anyone help me!

Hi Shey, and a Big Welcome to CAG.

Wait until they write a letter to you or whoever owns the money.

Don't be forced to pay up just because someone tells you to on the phone.

Next time they call ask them to put it all into a letter addressed to the owner of the debt.

Don't give them any details of your name or address, and don't confirm anything with them.

Just be polite and insist they put it in writting, then end the call.Keep doing it if they persist phoning you, and tell them that you see their calls as harrassment and that you will report them to Ofcom.

Again end the call politely.Any other advice will come from others reading this.

Good luck.

Edited by Night Owl
Improved spacing.........work 'putor puts it all together!

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Hi Shey, and a Big Welcome to CAG.Wait until they write a letter to you or whoever owns the money.Don't be forced to pay up just because someone tells you to on the phone.Next time they call ask them to put it all into a letter addressed to the owner of the debt.Don't give them any details of your name or address, and don't confirm anything with them. Just be polite and insist they put it in writting, then end the call.Keep doing it if they persist phoning you, and tell them that you see their calls as harrassment and that you will report them to Ofcom.Again end the call politely.Any other advice will come from others reading this.Good luck.

Ofcom might apply if the OP is referring to T-mobile in the UK (now part of 'Everyone Everywhere').

However, the OP put "ss#" in their OP, making me wonder if this is the US T-mobile, or if the OP is from the USA, as "social security number" is quite a US concept .... OP can you clarify, please?.

I would definitely get them to commit in writing what it is they believe you owe them, telephone conversations (unless recorded) are useless and unreliable.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hello thanks for replying.

Now this is what happen, I called back the company to clarify that is not me on that account they are talking about, I told them that Im going to dispute the said account and I they told me to go to police to file a complaint. I called the police to ask info, and they told me to get some kind of documentation from Tmobile or the company who called me. So I did called both Tmobile and The creditors, Tmobile informed me they dont have anything to send because the creditors owns the said account now. So im kind of ****ed because how can you collect something you cant provide any documents. They told me to call the creditors back. So I did call the creditors back and they told me I need to request on writing. So why do I need to make an effort for this, that its not even mine??? What should I do next. Should I just leave it alone, because thats what the police told me. Because I explain to the police if I have an acct with them how come I never received any bills for the past years and now they search me from equifax and they collecting debts.

Sorry Shay....

Are you saying that this account has nothing to do with you??

Do you have quite a common name/ surname?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ignore them then...they can do nothing, I would however keep a close eye on your credit file and see if there have been anymore accounts opened up in your name for other credit, all you need tell the police is that you have been a victim of identity theft, they will then give you a refence number which you can then quote in any further issues surrounding alleged accounts that have been opened fraudulently in your name.