Paragon and PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

second letter sent today, asking how if they can collect monies for a loan they did not arrange. also pointed out that they repaid me the charges they had applied so gave them 14 days to explain or I would assume that a case of fraud had occured and would report this to the relevant authorities

What address do you have for Paragon, I've found some paperwork for a loan I had in 2002 (which was paid back early) and there is a hefty PPI clearly stated - think I am due some compensation don't you? I've got the account number as well!

Paragon Personal Finance Ltd

St Catherine’s Court

Herbert Road

Solihull

West Midlands

B91 3QE

Go get em, the first letter you get back will be a we did not arrange the loan but some broker did so please chase them - idiots

Hmmm - they don't do loans eh...? I've had a dispute with them for ages, they keep saying I owe THEM money. All the letters come demanding that I pay Paragon, no mention of any third party.

Despite sending a dispute letter to them, they have now issued a default notice - which I've refuted as they've failed to deal with the letter.

The letter also requested that the rather naff PPI they insisted upon is withdrawn and backdated, wonder if that's why they don't want to answer?

More on my thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?314487-Arden-Credit-Management-for-Paragon&p=3502326

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 2 weeks later...

So recieved a response to my last letter where I asked who recieved the monies I paid on the loan etc.

They still state that it is down to the broker who arranged it all and they enclosed an application form, and I can see no where on this form any reference to this being regulated by the CCa act, however they state in their letter that and I quote

"Paragon did not recieve your application form until afetr you had signed the credit agreement which in doing so you confirmed that you had recieved, read and understood all terms and conditions of the loan and insurance and were happy to proceed"

Now the application form is an HFS Priority Application form, dated by me on 19 Jan 2004

The credit agreement with paraogon is on an unregulated Credit Agreement and signed and dated on 18/02/2004 by a paragon representative.

So the question is are they relying on the application form to fob me off?

and do I know chase the broker HFS or capital one as they are now or go straight to the FSA

Thoughts anyone

Subbing.

Good luck PGH x

I have the usual exhausted sod off letter from Paragon but I have a very interesting CD from their broker who we dealt with over the phone application!

Just gathering the info.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

I thought I would research the Finance and Leasing Association whom paragon said I could complain to, well they are a lot of use aint they

The FLA cannot award compensation or make a decision about your complaint.

So what exactly are they there for???

Useless.

Also it appears that Paragon are not even members - unF***ing belivable

• 1 month later...

Night Owl, PGH7447 - I've hit the same brick wall, they refuse to talk about PPI as they claim a broker dealt with the original application. In our case the broker is no longer trading. Now they've referred us to http://www.fscs.org.uk.

I get the feeling we're not going to get much help there as we're getting so used to Paragon fobbing us off with organisations like the Finance and Leasing Association, who we wrote to months ago but have not had a response. Interesting to read that Paragon are not even members there.

Any progress from your cases ? I'm just interested to find out how other claims are going so we can take ours further.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Well had a response from capital one, it appears that Paragon are refusing to discuss this PPI because they do not have written permission from me, seems like Paragon are either being intentionally obstructive or they really dont ahve a clue what they are doing.

either way permission sent to Capital one, and a letter of complaint sent to Paragon

I've started my own thread to do with paragon and PPI - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?324408-PPI-Paragon-and-eLoan(Twopart-Ltd)&p=3595448 if you want to share the agony !

• 3 months later...

Settled? wow well done PG. There is hope at the end of the Paragon Tunnel after all. :D

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!